ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Sky HD

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Right....parents have a Sky HD box downstairs, plugged into a 32" HD Ready Samsung. It was plugged in with the scart cable until I showed them the error of their ways and put the HDMI cable in. Fine you may think.

However now it's stopped working with the HDMI cable, saying that the resolution does not work with the tv. I've changed the resolution on the Sky box to auto, 1080i, 720 and even 240 I think, yet none of these work. Nothing to change the resolution on the tv.

Any ideas?

2014 Focus Titanium
Have you tried a different HDMI port? How have you changed the resolution if you can't see anything? (I'm not being pedantic, just would help to know).

Now Sold :-(
^^^^^^^^^^
This.
My TV has 4 HDMI ports but my PS3 will not work on one of them. Get an unsupported resolution message.
It's fine on the other three.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
It's all sorted now. Phoned Samsung, and had to download a software update off their site, onto a USB stick and plug that into the TV.

HD goodness has been restored.