ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with TVs

Clio 197
The reason that it's £80 cheaper is because the picture quality and colours are absolute crap compared to other brands.

Clio
Cheers mate!

Don't want to spend to much as I'll be be watching it hour before bed and probablty weekend mornings.

Don't want to go smaller than 28" either.

Clio
yes but if you have sky or freeview box its not a problem

Want to hang it on the wall, so really don't want shelfs and units in the bedroom with everything sitting on, would kind of defeat the point of getting rid of my old trusty box lol!

Audi S1
Only got Virgin downstairs and no freeview box or anything.

See my post above why I really want the freeview built in!

Got ya! - as i said though you will struggle to get a good one.

My dad recently paid £220 for a 32 in ALDI - pretty good spec.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
True, mace do you have a freeview box/sky... thats the tv tuner.

The hitachi tv listed above your source would have to be either VGA or HDMI as it doesn't have any analogue inputs.

I have the 37" version of that tv and it's plugged directly into my Sky HD box, I was actually specifically looking for a good screen without tuner as I wouldn't use it.

Audi S1
For example if you watch a disney film like "nemo" or "toy story" the colours will be allot brighter thats the only way i can exlpain it tbh

There will be a big difference

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
Is that dynamic contrast or native contrast? If it's dynamic then the native will still only be 2000-3000:1

exactly! I see throw away comments like that on HUKD all the time and those in the know always respond with dynamic v's native.

from a 2007 article on AVSForum:

The 2 most common methods of measuring contrast ratio are "native" and "dynamic". LCD mfgs. all advertised "native" contrast ratio up until a couple of years ago. At that time (2005 or so) an 800:1 contrast ratio was pretty common on sets from the better mfgs--Sharp, Samsung, etc, while 400:1 or 600:1 was average for cheaper sets.

Then Samsung started advertising 2000:1 or 3000:1 contrast ratios on sets whose apparent ability to reproduce black was no better than competitors advertising 800:1, but the word "dyamic" preceded the number. Pretty soon it was revealed that Sammy had found a different way to measure contrast ratio that gave them a much higher number to advertise and thus impress potential buyers that were unaware of the chicanery they were indulging in.

Pretty soon all the other LCD mfgs started to use the Dynamic figure in self-defense, though Sharp is at least honest enough to also list the "native" contrast ratio. The Sharp 42" D62 series 1080p lcd has a dynamic contrast ratio of 6000:1, while the native contrast ratio is listed a 1200:1.