ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!!!

Clio 172 Cup
What's this connection behind the head unit, on a clip not even being used?!!!

Its yellow and has 8 male pins and 2 female/blank ports....

Clio 172 Cup
Nope.... Stalk controls are being used... I have a cabasse auditorium tronic CD player and that are already in use....

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It's a plug that all clios I've seen have but none have ever used. Nothing is missing, worry not.

Clio 172 Cup
not worrying, i was just wondering what it does, cause my head unit is fucked, was wondering if it was another type of iso plug i could use or not or put an adapter in for an aftermarket stereo as mine is some weird connector....

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Those connectors are used for a whole raft of things including climate control, dash display etc. The radio will just be a normal iso. Check all the connections are giving the right voltage when ignition on/off and go from there.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
That's the self destruct - oh good god have you unplugged it!?!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Do you have a display in your car. The 182 uses that plug for the display on the nav models as well.

Not all plugs have homes, they product bulk universal looms as it's cheaper than doing individual ones.

Try an original radio and see what the deal is then

Clio 172 Cup
Do you have a display in your car. The 182 uses that plug for the display on the nav models as well.

Not all plugs have homes, they product bulk universal looms as it's cheaper than doing individual ones.

Try an original radio and see what the deal is then

yeah ive got a display in my car and all of it goes through the green adapter i have showed....

i cant try an original radio due to not having an adapter to fit the current wiring loom