ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!!

Hi i have a clio 1.2 16v. I have noticed a slight problem. Whilst the car is sitting on idle, the revs seem to be slightly uneven. Therefore reving up slightly then down again.

Also when it does this the pedal does not work and I put a new pedal on all ready and it does the same

Can anybody help me please

thanks
jack

Cliosport 172 cu
Clean throttle body they clog up with oil on them if I'm correct they are mounted under the inlet

Cliosport 172 cu
Oh sorry I read it to fast I didn't catch that bit what do you mean your pedal don't work you get no response what so ever

Cliosport 172 cu
I'd take off and clean up any way as they am common on the 1.2s to clog up on throttle body because where it's located and as you take off inlet just look inside and spray brake cleaner wipe it clean and where inlet covers top end look inside of there because there is a pool oil just stick a rag in to soak it up as for pedal could be a position sensor but try clean body first

Cliosport 172 cu
Brake cleaner it's only a quid a spray can its a bit of bugger to do but when you've got the inlet off you will see it underneath it where abouts are you from if your local I could help out

Cliosport 172 cu
Regards to idle that's first thing I'd do as it's free but if it don't work you've got coil pack which is common on them plugs leads and what do you mean pedal don't work.

Ok I got it off today but I did not know what to clean it with and if I clean it and put it back together and does not work then what will it be?

Cliosport 172 cu
Because if it is when u swapped the pedal over as silly as it is the plug might not be propley as you really have to push them in hardish after you done that check all the wiring just on the safe side but still clean throttle.

Cliosport 172 cu
No use brake cleaner is best see really you need to plug a code reader to see if electrical fault have you got any lights on dash but deffo try pushing plug in pedal

Cliosport 172 cu
Clean it and tek a pic of tht light Cus think that's the electrical one but need a pic or describe it to me

Cliosport 172 cu
Lol yes I've told him to clean throttle body as on these 1.2 16v they clog up but now he's got a light I'm guessing electric fault one it might be a wire connection or the metal casing that hold ecu connectors in them a pain them 1.2s

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Have you reconnected all pipes and cables up? That light can cover a multitude of sins. Had it on missus's 1.2, cleaned throttle body and was fine afterwards. If you don't connect pipes and cable connections up properly it will report a fault so check those first...

Cliosport 172 cu
Have u pushed the plug in on the new pedal propley yeah that's the common problem with 1.2s is throttle body

And where the throttle body was the was oil underneath the throttle body was it that normal and I have not put the throttle body back together yet

Cliosport 172 cu
Yeah clean it all off and where you have took the inlet off if you look down in there there will be a little pool of oil aswell if there is get rag and soak it up so basically where the inlet covers top of engine look inside and clean

Clio 182
My old 1.2 16v use to cut out all the time as well as rav unevenly. Took it to several garages who didn't seem to have a clue. Read on here about throttle bodies clogging on them, took it apart and cleaned with carb cleaner and it fixed it.

Cliosport 172 cu
It dose mate it's because of where there mounted all 1.2s suffer from it it's just another French thing

Cliosport 172 cu
Tdc sensor or air mass really you need to plug a reader in but least you've done the throttle body now just double check you've connected it all up propley but to be fair I wouldn't spend any money to you get the code read and cleared really

Cliosport 172 cu
Top of gearbox but to be honest don't think it's that get the fault code read because it's guessing games now cause it ain't throttle body which is most common