ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all! Just got my clio!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique 51
hey everyone, i just got my clio today! im 21 and at uni so i needed a more economical car for uni so: a 51reg Metallic gold 1.2 dynamique 16V:)

Bit of a downgrade from my last car (mazda 323f 2.0 V6) but boy does it handle! been throwing it round corners all night at unbelievable speeds and it just grips (might just be my experience with my old car! 4 DOOR :O)
first thoughts? omg how slow....lol, love the styling and shape however. and the dash is pretty mod and aluminiumiumiumisedd:) handy having a trip computer to show me how much im saving on petrol compared to the V6 aswel!!

not so happy about the interior though:S handbrake is a bit loose (the handle not the cable), steering sometimes doesnt seem to be connected to the wheels, mbe thats jst cos im used to heavier steering i duno:) heater seems to make it too hot to breathe without actualy making the car warmer? is this just me?
and the gear changes seem to be way too easy....if a fly landed on it in 3rd im sure it would quickly more to 4th!
Anyways apart from that i love it, propa little chick magnet is it NOT! when i bought it it had been lowered at least 60 mil (looked in the arches and there seems to be nearly no springs visible! and it has multi spoke 18" alloys on which suit the car perfectly.

i had an idea to put the V6 from my old car into it but im not sure i can be bothered with the hastle lol ill jst wait and see what happens!

cheers all for reading! hope im welcome:)

Dave

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
welcome, oh yea remove the handbrake cover, 2 10mm nuts will tighten your handbrake down:) :)

ive uploaded a pic in my profile but im not sure how to make it as my avatar? or do i have to be a paid member?
ah cheers ill fix it tomorrow!! cheers m8:)

dont think they are rubbing, iv checked the tires and theres no marks or uneven wear but ill have a good look tomorrow and have the wheels off:)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to CS mate :)

You've guessed correctly, you do have to be a paid member to have an avatar.

shock horror! the head gaskets gone! just got my m8 at the garage to check it over and theres watery yellow bubbly oil along the edge of the cylinder head! rang the trader i bought it from and after a long argument in which he tried to buy it back multiple times....then offered to pay half the repair bill.....then offered to buy it back MINUS the advertising charge so he could put it back on autotrader, i finaly managed to get him to agree to fix it at his expense:) everyone read up on your consumer rights when buying a car!! very helpful!!:)

You sure the head gasket has actually gone, all the 1.2 16v's have mayo under the oil cap anyway, very common.

Da

Less
Welcome to the club mate! :)

Shame about the HG but hey least it's getting fixed? :approve: