ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi all new here

hello folks!

need some info on a 182 cup and thought this was the best place to find out!

need to make a 182 faster!

i love how it pulls in the higher rev range, is it possible to put up rated cams in to get it to pull like that all through the revs?

whats the best way in get more power out of it? would like to see about 200 bhp!

what have u guys done to yours and what improvements are there to do to get a great track car....

LY V6 with Recaros
Hi, welcome to CS :)

Sorry, I can't help with your questions, but I'm sure someone will be along to help shortly!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm no mechanical genius, but 200 brake is definitely achievable on the 182s. From what I've read, it's very reliable and stable too - so long as you get the work done right!

Check out threads from yozzasport, GDi, AngelWorks, etc to see what's been done - to name but a few!

D.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wouldn't bother, i'd just buy some bigger brakes and some coilovers, it will enable you to drive faster.
The clio engine is tuned pretty much as far as it can go from the factory, unless you want to spend £5500+ on throttle bodies or a turbo.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as said above the engine is pretty highly tunes as standard, so without spending thousands you dont get much power. best bet is to just optimise what you already have ie get the inlet manifold matched, panel filter in the airbox, decent cat back exhaust with a decat and a remap should see you in the 190's.

cams will take it over 200bhp (205-215 ish i think depending on how wild they are and other mods)

1.8 8v RSi
Hello and welcome to CS
good luck with tuning your 182..
If you got the cash then there's plenty to do to it
and I'd love to see the progression

cheers ppl... defo want over 200! cams are a opition we've thought about but how easy are they to do? i've done normal cams but never vvti ones? anyone got 200bhp cars?

are you people improveing the handling by lowering them or uprating the shocks etc... and keeping them the same height?

anyone recomend any parts to up grade too?

you want to look at a good exhaust system decat , inlet manifold matching , good induction kit with caf , cams too ......for that extra power you want i'd look at throttle bodies

Mk4 .:R32
It's so expensive to tune a clio sport! You don't even get amazing gains for the money you have to spend. Sell the 182 and buy a car with a turbo!!