ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all - newbie looking for a 172/182

Clio 172
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 172/182 and have already learned a huge amount from this forum, so thank you all.
I recently sold my S2000 to put some money towards my wedding later this year. It broke my heart to see it go but I've decided that a 172/182 would be a more practical, more economical, and fun replacement whilst still being able to put most of the money into the wedding fund.

I've been to see a few that are local to me but to be honest most of them have been pretty rough or had questionable modifications made... Prices seem to be all over the place and I'm wondering if I'm just expecting too much for too little. I know this is probably too vague a question, but what kind of 172 do you think I should be looking at for £2200-2400? I'm hoping to find an honest, 2002/3, 60-80k example that's had a recent cambelt change for this sort of money. Does this sound reasonable or am I a bit out of touch? I've also seen a few 182's advertised for <£3000, are these all likely to be a bit rough or can a genuine example be had for £2700-2900? No offence will be taken if you think I'm crazy :)

Looking forward to finding my new car and would appreciate any advice.

Marc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I spent 2700 getting mine in April last year, and it's a great one. It's a flame red 172 02 plate on 67k when I bought it. I'd expect prices to have dropped by now. Check my project thread if you want. Can be done, just need to keep hunting, cast the net wide and be prepared to travel / act quickly for a good one. Steve (r-sports) above has his flamer for sale....Unsure on price though. It's a lovely car.

Good luck with the hunt. Welcome to the forum by the way.