ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Hi,

Picked up my new car (black 182) on Thursday so thought I'd better get myself on the cliosport forum.

I'm in Aberdeen...are there many people on the forum in from the North of Scotland?

I was going to ask whether a slightly lumpy idle was common but found that out via a search. However...my 182 ('04 reg) has a slight problem that has got me stumped. When stationary if I fully depress the clutch then lift it straight back up, a few seconds later there is a dull thud (quite faint but still noticable). Has anyone experienced this or got any ideas what it could be?

Cheers,

David

Welcome,

Enjoy the new car.

Forget the sound could be a number of thing most likly the thrst realase bearing leaving the clutch.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Welcome,

Enjoy the new car.

Forget the sound could be a number of thing most likly the thrst realase bearing leaving the clutch.

Cheers, certainly doesn't sound like anything too dodgy but had never heard anything like it before so thought I'd ask lol.

Loving the car so far - It's nice to be back in a faster car. Used to drive a rover 220 gsi turbo with forged bottom end etc but sold it when I got my flat and have been driving round in a 106 gti since...a clio sport seemed like the logical step up from the 106 as it's got the handling and the extra power I was craving lol.

David

Civic Vtec y0
Welcome mate,

From falkirk myself, there is a few from up your neck of the woods

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Good to know there are a few folk up my neck of the woods.

Always nice getting along to meets and putting faces to names and having a nose at other peoples cars :)