ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all

Mainly a tow truck
Just thought i would introduce myself, been browsing your forum for some time now and as with many of you have a passion for French cars be it Renault, Peugeot or citroen.

My name is Carl Grimsley and i run and own www.cgcarleicester.co.uk as such i work on these cars quite often and thought its about time i registered and put a few faces too names.

At the end of August i went to the Nurberg Ring in Germany and met a great bunch of lads and one of them was running a clio 172 cup, thought i would see if he is on here and if so say hello, have to say he pushed that car hard round the track, i am sure the way he drove it would put my own 306 Rallye to shame, even one of his mates in a ferrari would have had a bit of competition

Heres my creation anyway, there is more of the build on my website should you be interested, these pictures are a little old but give you an idea.

2.0 16v Supercharged.

ralle001.jpg

ralle002.jpg

Right then i will have a hunt around the forum and see if i can recognise a few of you.

Carl

Welcome, nice looking Rallye you've got there, what's the figs on it etc (I saw you said it was supercharged)

Mainly a tow truck
Welcome, nice looking Rallye you've got there, what's the figs on it etc (I saw you said it was supercharged)

At the minute the car is running 280bhp but is away having a custom made ecu so i can map the car myself via my laptap.

Heres a few engine bay shots.

rallyerefurb002-1.jpg

My new oil coolers fitted and intercooler-

rallyeintercooler.jpg

rallyeintercooler2.jpg

Thanks for the interest.

Carl

Mainly a tow truck
Cool do you have a list of the mods etc? Also do you know the bloke who owns this car, post 34 here,

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=444483&page=2

I know a few bods who had Rallyes & GTI-6's a while ago (they aren't on any forums though)

Ha ha, yes i know that car, owners name is Ryan, that car has had alot of work done to it, some by me when he had a little incident on the M1 motorway a couple of years ago.

Thats got a 420 bhp high boost supercharged engine in it, goes very well.

Carl

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Hi Carl
doofywave.gif

Rallye is looking lovely as ever i see!! Reminds me of someone elses old car though :rasp:

Great to see you over here though, might be worth pm'ing admin about offering your services ...

In case anyone is wondering, Carl is the only person (other than Rentech) that i have let touch any of my cars in the last 5 years. His reputation (& ability), are second to none imho :)

He also has a sublime miami blue 205 gti6!!