ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi Everyone!

Mac

PH2 Clio 172, 205 Mi16
:cool: I've been lurking and posting a while, but I've just had my username changed so I thought I'd introduce myself properly to the forum.

Some of you may know I bought Gareth's Silver Ph2 172 before he got his Megane, and I'm pleased to report she's still running strong over a year later:

dsc9858vz5.jpg

I haven't really changed much on the 172 since I got it, it seems to suit my needs well.

Spec is:

- Standard 172 Engine
- Magnex Exhaust
- Eibach Springs
- 16" Turinis (Goodyear Eagle F1 all round)
- Goodrich braided brake lines

Oh, I've also fitted a Dension iPod Cradle, um.... that's about it!

I also have a little toy in the garage for trackdays, a 1992 205 GTi, heading off next weekend for a tweaked 160bhp Mi16 conversion :evil: :

S6000606.jpg

This little beast is far from standard, and is much fun :cool:

Anyways, hope to be part of the club a bit more, might see some of you on a trackday in the near future (doing Bedford 23/02 with Northloop and Cadwell on 29/04).

Mac

Mac

PH2 Clio 172, 205 Mi16
The 205 rapes it through the corners, it has koni adjustables all round and I run R888's on the track, so that obviously helps.

I've only ever had the 172 on track with very poor tyres, the chassis was nice, but suffered a lot from understeer and spinning the inside wheel (although Bedford was damp at the time).

At the moment, the 172 is quicker in a straight line but I expect that to change when the Mi16 lump is in.

The Clio was doing Bridge to Gantry of 9m 30s on poor tyres
The 205 was doing Bridge to Gantry of 8m 50s to 9m 10s this year.

Very different cars though, the 205 has no interior, very very stiff suspension (too stiff for the road really), roll cage, buckets, harnesses, big brakes etc etc whereas the 172 still has full leather trim and climate control!