ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi! - First Car MKII Clio Sport 1.4i

2000 Clio Sport 1.4i
Just saying Hi.

Got Licence in August and looking for a little run around picked up a little 2000 Clio Sport 1.4i, Very happy with my first car. :approve:

408193_10151092266608725_1061071829_n.jpg

(this is the original Advert pic as I've yet to take any)

2000 Clio Sport 1.4i
QQ
The 1.4i can be either a 8v or 16v. My insurance comes up as 16v, is there any way to be sure? I found reference online to a Works code with the 8v being K7J and the 16v being K4J but where do I find the works code?

Renaults
Hello from Lorenzo @ RSC Europe
Its got a E7J-634 engine pal just checked it using your registration number. Its a 1.4 8v so get onto your insurance company might be cheaper for a 8v.

Any plans for it?

2000 Clio Sport 1.4i
Hello from Lorenzo @ RSC Europe
Its got a E7J-634 engine pal just checked it using your registration number. Its a 1.4 8v so get onto your insurance company might be cheaper for a 8v.

Any plans for it?
Just found https://www.carfax.eu that shows engine as 75hp which would concurr that its the 8v model :(...Ah well, she's still very nippy.
Insurrance has 2 options for engine which are 'SI 16v (3 doors, 1390cc Manuf. 2000-2000) or SPORT (3 doors, 1390cc Manuf. 2000-2001). They default mine to the SI, If i select the SPORT option it goes up by 4p for the year. They do have a SPORT 8v listed but with only a 1149cc engine and eventhough it has the smaller engine won't cover me on that car! lol. I'm thinking that i'll stick with their default option.

As for plans, nothing much at the mo. Really don't know anything about cars to do stuff myself. There is a deep scratch on back wing and scuff on front DS wing (by previous owner) which i'd like to get fixed up at some point and could do with a good T-Cut to get out some slight scratches. But apart from that she seems good for a 12 yr old. It's atleast got to last me till April next year so will see how i feel then as to if I keep her or trade in for something else.