ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi i`m new what clio is more tunable 172 or 182?

looking to buy a 172
hi ive just sold my 205 dimma turbo and i`m looking to buy a clio but dont know which one to get i like the 172s but how different are they from the 182 and which model is the better for track? also which year did they make the better ones??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you'll be modifying, get a 172 (ph1 if possible). More suspension options than a 182cup, cheaper, cable throttle. I've had all the different models (bar the 172cup), and the ph1 was the most fun, vastly better throttle response.
My old one
4378464261_a5609063ed_b.jpg

S4 Avant
Not very "tunable" cars in terms of cost effectiveness.

You'll need to spend thousands before you get any more than 15 bhp out of them

Stripped yozza'd cup
172 cup, or phase 1. Not a lot between them really. You'll pick a lovely ph1 for less than£2k now though.

looking to buy a 172
i spent 9k on my 205 but i have heard of these running up too 400 hp, i know a few bits about k tec too but i have heard good thingd and bad things about them, also my mrs is fit thanks thats y i married her lol

Arctic FF 182
I see your in Warminster, are you still there? My mates a reccy mech based there, fcsmithy on here and hes got a racing blue 182 cup so maybe ask him to have a look at his?

Arctic FF 182
Ah fair enough, Bordons just down the road from us, there are usually a few sports floating around the area keep an eye out and maybe come to a few of the local meets and see what takes your fancy :D