ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi im new

Fiesta Zetec
Hi im new here. I used to have a mk1 punto but it was getting old so now ive got a 55 plate clio dynamique.

Also so far I have found the main dealers to be useless.

I had a door card rattle, phoned dealer and they were very stropy.

When I dropped the car off I got the workshop forman to come out so I could explain the problem, he started accusing me of having the doorcard off before which I hadnt, then he saw one of the clips was unpopped. He went to pop it in and broke the clip. Then he says "ill get you a new clip ordered and ill fit it but theres no point having the door card off to get the old clip out" then I drove off and on cue the old clip rattles around in the door. Im not happy.

I phoned up had a moan and they started saying there was no record of my car being looked at that day.

To cut it short, they are ordering the clip and hopefully fitting it next week and also I told her I want the door card off to remove old clip.

Im still not sure if they are planning to charge me but theres no way im paying. The clip was unpopped and rattling against the door, then mr fat guy smashes it.

Sorry for the rant but apart from that I love the clio.

HELLO ALL

Last edited:
  Megane Mk4
Looks like you've already had first hand experience of the "Renault Drivers Experience". Knocks, Rattles and squeaks come with the clio, even up to the good old Vee's too...

Welcome to ClioSport too by the way :D

Andi

Newbie here too. So far (touch wood) no probs with the car. Are all Renault dealers like this? Do you get better treatment if you're in one of the premium clios?

Had a Ford before and they were terrible for customer service, which is why I moved away.

Fiesta Zetec
Dave said:
Door cards are REALLY easy to remove oneself.

yeah i saw this in another thread, but ive already got it arranged with dealer, although they dont know im not paying yet.:)

I would do it myself but didnt want to break something else as its a brand new car.