ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi I'm new !!!

Rav4
Hiya,

Just thought I would introduce myself, my name is Gabi and I am hopefully getting a clio 172 sport.

:)

Only thing is, it needs the cambelt doing as its on 59k and its a 51 plate.

Any advice of places in Surrey, or near Guildford. Just had a quote from Woking for £797 just for the cambelt.

Never had a clio so dont know what they are like.

Have previously had little karts such as 106 Rallye's, GTI's and many others.

Many thanks :)

Rav4
O bless !! have messages already !! :)

Thanks guys !!

I dont know wether or not to get this clio. Its a nice phase 2, however the bloke is going travelling, selling cheaper than it should be, sounds legit, but you never know.

Need info :)

Thanks again.

G.

1.8 Civic EX
welcome to the club..

not sure about places to do the work, not round here anyway, sorry, they are all a bit of a rip-off round here...

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Hi, Gab. It's a busy forum here.

If you have no luck perhaps use the Yellow Pages and phone around some independent places.

Bumblebee
Maybe get an HPI check done for starters. You should be able to get the cambelt and tensioners done for 400 if you shop around.

Welcome by the way gabi...

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
call them peoples in Ascot, search the forum, i forget their name, i got them booked for next week to do my cambelt, they say £260, don't know if that includes the parts, hope so. else mr clutch is around £400

Rav4
Hey Darren, seems like every forum I go to your there, no escape!!

yes HPI check will be good. Need to get that done before I go ahead.

Im torn between getting this and a comfy 323........

Surrey is a rip off, I have been using the search function, and it appears that alot of people put the thumbs up to Rentech. Cannot believe how expensive Renault are, or how un-professional they were on the phone, spoke to 3 dealers, all providing different prices. !

1.8 Civic EX
I've heard good things of Rentech, never been tho as normally if a car needs work then it don't work so can't drive all the way there! lol

I'f your willing to drive a bit further out then try

Rentech
GDI (Grey Devil Industries)
K Tec Racing
BB Performance Tuning

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to Clio Sport.

I'd give Mike at Rentech a call mate. My MK2 172's now on just under 62K i think i should get my cambelt changed soon aswell.

Clio MK2 172
Welcome to Clio Sport.

I'd give Mike at Rentech a call mate. My MK2 172's now on just under 62K i think i should get my cambelt changed soon aswell.

Mines on 59k now, I'm dreading getting it changed! so price wise I'm looking at around £300......Happy Christmas.

Rav4
lol

Well this figures really vary ! It is a bit scary !! Would like the warranty from the garage though.

It is going at a good price though :) and insurance is not too much more.

Excellent.

Dazza what is K teck like ?

Really need to find out before I buy the car, did want a black 172, but silver is nice :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to Clio Sport.

Mines on 59k now, I'm dreading getting it changed! so price wise I'm looking at around £300......Happy Christmas.

Yeah i'm dreading it aswell, but i'm after a Meg F1 or clio trophy next spring, so i'm in two minds weather or not to do it:S

Rav4
So many companies under that name :)

:s

Will call shortly if i find the number.

Want a reputable garage. WIth a gorgeous receptionist.

(Hope you guys dont think I am a girl !!!! )

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
So many companies under that name :)

:s

Will call shortly if i find the number.

Want a reputable garage. WIth a gorgeous receptionist.

(Hope you guys dont think I am a girl !!!! )

Gayboy, here's the info...

K-TEC Racing Ltd
19 Blackmoor Road
Ebblake Industrial Estate
Verwood
Dorset
BH31 6AX
Tel: 01202 820800
Fax: 01202 822746

If you were driving down the motorway you take an exit right at the fork in the road where it goes left to Bournemouth, and it's about 1 min from there.

They may be a little pricey though as they have reputation.. :boring:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Rentech win for me all day long.

Mike worked for a Renault dealer until they lost their franchise and he set-up on his own.

My Cup has been in his capable hands every 6k from new, and he recently did my 72k + cambelt.

Top bloke, top service...well worth 1hr drive down from Guildford. He'll even drop you at Gun Wharf/wherever to while away the time.

And, err, welcome :)

Volvo S60 T5
Glad my bro Dave was nice and polite, always good to hear but he will want a payrise soon LOL
Hey and dont worry your car will be treated as my own :)
Look forward to meeting you.

Rav4
lol I dont know who I spoke to, was it your bro, he was nice, i did ask him couple of advice questions as I have never had a clio before, coming down on the 10th, just hope the car is in good nick when i get it , coz otherwise i will not be coming down to get it sorted. Hopefully we can give it a good seeing to, just to double check everything is tidy and all of that.

Will be good to meet you too :)

Thanks for the reassurance.

G.