ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi to all ! Proud owner of a 1.5DCi Renault Clio saloon.

renault clio 1.5 dci
Hy to all.
I am a pround owner of a renault clio 1.5Dci 65hp + soft (somewhere betwer 85 and 95 hp)
I made some small modifications to it but my english could be better for me to explain all of them.
All the mods except the brembo front brakes and soft were improvements for its looks. hope u like it.

renault clio 1.5 dci
Re: Hy to all ! Prowed owner of an 1.5Dci Renault clio Saloon.

wow, what a warm welcome.
Thank you guys :D glad to be here.
I can't wait for spring to come so I can buy myself a clio 1.9dci for racing purpose only !

197ff, 172

Greetings interesting car you've got. Dci saloon for racing purpose....because race car?

renault clio 1.5 dci

Greetings interesting car you've got. Dci saloon for racing purpose....because race car?

It's an everyday car but i wanted to see what racing tastes like behind the wheel. Funny though i had won the second place with only 3 seconds behind a civic 1.6 vti 220hp.
For racing purposes i want to buy a clio 1.9dci in spring :D

197ff, 172

That's quite impressive, but why a diesel for racing?

renault clio 1.5 dci

That's quite impressive, but why a diesel for racing?
To be honest I am a third and first year student in 2 diferent colleges so I can't really have a job to raise money buying a Clio RS. So really I can't afford one.
And I chose the Clio 1,9Dti for racing because I want to participate in an AUTOSLALOM competition, the course is not that long but it has a lot of steering involved so i need a smal car. The course hasn't got a lot of straight parts so really u can't put all your power down since u can't event change the 3rd gear. In my opinion having a diesel modified 1.9Dti with a lot of tourque could be a better choise than the clio Rs :D And it's the car that I can afford, so for starter, I hope it's a good ideea :)

renault clio 1.5 dci
Just bought myself a pair of brake disks, not sure what I will use them on, but I got them really cheap.

I will probably keep them 4 my Dti project :)

197ff, 172
Where are you from? When I was studying I bought a vw golf diesel I've still got it actually 180bhp and very cheap to run.

In the UK a Clio RS can be purchased for less than the cost of a dci. You should start a project thread. I like your wheels but those tyres must be expensive for racing and they're probably a bit heavy. You will get lots of good advice in this forum.

renault clio 1.5 dci
Where are you from? When I was studying I bought a vw golf diesel I've still got it actually 180bhp and very cheap to run.

In the UK a Clio RS can be purchased for less than the cost of a dci. You should start a project thread. I like your wheels but those tyres must be expensive for racing and they're probably a bit heavy. You will get lots of good advice in this forum.

Whell actually I am from Eastern Europe, don't want to tell the country seying how everything got crazy on a facebook Renault Forum from UK. Don't really know why people judge me so bad just because I am from where I am. Still, a 1.5Dci here costs somewhere between 1000E (99'-2002') and 3500E. U cand find a golf 4 (if that is the one u are reffering to) in the same price range.
So a diesel golf 4 can be an alternative seeing how it is in the same price range, but I saw a project here on the forum with an 1.9Dci and it is quite interesting (that is the real reason I made an account here, didn't even known about this forum, never heard of it)
I will start a project thread after I will by my clio 1.9Dti.
Glad u like my wheels, they are BBS RV205 on Toyo Proxes T1S 205/40/16", they are quite a bit heavy but still, they performed quite good taking in consideration that the car is an everyday car with only a few modifications. The fact that it has 205 tyres gave me the advantage of almoust never loosing grip.
I'll try to have the same width of tyre on my future 1.9Dti (hopefully i'll find another set of wheels that are a bit lighter)

Last edited:
  RS6 C7
Your from Romania, Don't worry about it, we are a bit more grown up on here than the Renault forum!

Cool car though! wish they did one in the UK!

renault clio 1.5 dci
Your from Romania, Don't worry about it, we are a bit more grown up on here than the Renault forum!

Cool car though! wish they did one in the UK!

Seeing how i got friends that bring cars from UK, change the steering (from right to left) and then sell them in other countryes, u can buy a Clio Saloon from germany of France where they are quite cheap and change it so u can drive it in the UK.
They look a bit strange but nevertheless they are wery usefull :D

Now that u told everyone where I am from, u destroid my dreams of getting usefull advice :))

RS6 C7
Seeing how i got friends that bring cars from UK, change the steering (from right to left) and then sell them in other coutryes, u can buy a Clio Saloon from germany of France where they are quite cheap and change them so u can drive them in the UK.
They look a bit strange but nevertheless they are wery usefull :D

Now that u told everyone where I am from, u destroid my dreams of getting usefull advice :))

You will get advice no problem on here!

we sell stuff to Romania all the time! Never had any issues.

renault clio 1.5 dci
Still don't know why people have such a bad impression about us.... probably because gypsies often say they are "roman" wich is theyr culture and language and all people confuse them with romanians :)
Non the less, i found out that it is better not to tell than to be judged :)

RS6 C7
Still don't know why people have such a bad impression about us.... probably because gypsies often say they are "roman" wich is theyr culture and language and all people confuse them with romanians :)
Non the less, i found out that it is better not to tell than to be judged :)

You won't get judged on here! People are alot more mature.

197ff, 172
Would ignore Facebook as you've found out there's a fair bit of ignorance on there. This sites for enthusiasts and the occasional troll who will be interested to see what you are doing with your car.

I would not suggest a golf mk4 for auto slalom they are great every day cars but do not corner as good as the clio.

renault clio 1.5 dci
Would ignore Facebook as you've found out there's a fair bit of ignorance on there. This sites for enthusiasts and the occasional troll who will be interested to see what you are doing with your car.

I would not suggest a golf mk4 for auto slalom they are great every day cars but do not corner as good as the clio.

Agreed !