ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID blown I think

Clio 182
Started to flicker on the drive home & completely gone now. How do I do the checks to see what's blown. Don't want it costing a fortune. :(

Nissan 350z
Swap the bulbs over (along with the ignitor box on the back of the bulb) from the working headlight to the problem headlight, if that doesn't fix the problem headlight then the bulb is fine its the ballast underneath the headlight that's the problem.

Basically just swap bits between them until you find the issue.

Clio 182
Swap the bulbs over (along with the ignitor box on the back of the bulb) from the working headlight to the problem headlight, if that doesn't fix the problem headlight then the bulb is fine its the ballast underneath the headlight that's the problem.

Basically just swap bits between them until you find the issue.

Cheers for the help, changed the bulbs and packs over, where do I get a ballast from? as Im assuming its that as I swapped them over it worked.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
replace bulbs in pairs or colour will differ. Orsam or philips are your best bet

Nissan 350z
Cheers for the help, changed the bulbs and packs over, where do I get a ballast from? as Im assuming its that as I swapped them over it worked.

Sorry mate totally misread this topic, thought you had Xenons not HIDs so ignore the whole ignitor stuff. Essentially in a HID kit you had the bulbs and the ballasts (box attached to the bulb). So if you swap bulbs/ballasts over you should be able to tell which one is the faulty item.