ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Help!

Cyclone Blue 1.2
I'm trying to fit HID's to my Mk2 Ph2.

The existing bulbs were held in with a metal clip on a black plastic plug, obviouslly the HID's have their own wiring so plugging the bulb in isn't the same.

Looking into the lens is just a hole ... how do I fit the Xenon bulb in? I can't use the black plastic twist bit as the wiring loom will plug into it so I read on here you can modify the metal clip? What do I do to that and is that the bit that attaches to the lens?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

172, Tiguan
When I fitted mine (albeit to a different car) you have to remove the entire bulb holder and modify the metal bit so that the new bulb sits inside it. I just bought some small files and took it slowly so it fitted snuggly. You then have to drill a big hole in the black plastic dust cover that sits over the back of the light and pass the bulb wires though it.