ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hid lights ( xenons ) fitted to hybrid...

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i finally got round to fitting my hid lights to my angel eyes. very impressed with the result, can't stress how better thay r than std. a few pics....
DSC01593.jpg

DSC01594.jpg

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

Audi TT 225 Quattro
only cost £150 new , not sure on the temp but i can't see it being a problem as most cars run this style of headlamp..

Audi TT 225 Quattro
when behind the wheel it looks like a deep blue/ purple colour but still gives of loads and loads of light:)

500bhp Scoob
Think i've found the perfect prezzie for my parents to get me this crimbo after seeing them pics.

Seriously need to do something about the clio's lighting as its pretty poor.

Looks like a big improvement thou over standards :)

www.renparts.co.uk
could these be fitted to a mk2 ph2 then easily? just plug and play.. im wanting some more info.. seems too good to be true for the price!

Renault Clio II 16v
if I'm not mistaken, are these lights not Illegal for use on UK roads when they are not a factory standard requiring such things as Auto-Levelling and Washer spray nozzles onto the lenses?

Polo + Micra
nope they are legal as they are retro fitted(auto level and wash needed if factory fitted)

i'd like some like that but as white as they can get them

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
joshydee said:
could these be fitted to a mk2 ph2 then easily? just plug and play.. im wanting some more info.. seems too good to be true for the price!

I did this conversion to my MK2 Clio over a year and a half ago now.

On the Mk2 it involves you "modding" the lamp unit as renault have kindly used a stupid design to hold the bulb in.

The lamp needs to be taken off fully and messed around with then few holes drilled into it from the back.

Obviously you cannot go back to normal headlamps..... as the origional bulb fitment wont go back in with the mods.

Polo + Micra
Has said:
I did this conversion to my MK2 Clio over a year and a half ago now.

On the Mk2 it involves you "modding" the lamp unit as renault have kindly used a stupid design to hold the bulb in.

The lamp needs to be taken off fully and messed around with then few holes drilled into it from the back.

Obviously you cannot go back to normal headlamps..... as the origional bulb fitment wont go back in with the mods.

so you botched yours:eek:

you can get ones to fit-ish without having to mod anything big

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
oh btw Jay.

Be careful / keep an eye on the X5 charge packs.

Had a few trade reports on them catching fire with prolonged useage!! :headno:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Dink said:
so you botched yours:eek:

you can get ones to fit-ish without having to mod anything big

Nop LOL

The mk2 unit doesnt like the philips fitment of bulbs.
Ive gone thru each supplier and tried about 4 different ones.

Helps when ur dads in the trade for them ;)

The metal "clip" which holds the bulb in place doesnt close back up properly with the HID bulb.

oh if u had seen the finished result on fitting u wudnt have said bodged ;)

Polo + Micra
LOL

so you can't get H7(?) hid lamp?(which i would have thought would be a piece of piss to do)

Renault Clio II 16v
Dink - Kool, I might have to look into getting some soon as I love the light they give out.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Dink said:
LOL

so you can't get H7(?) hid lamp?(which i would have thought would be a piece of piss to do)

Yup you can. which is what the mk2 clios use.
If it was any other car they seem to slot straight in and work!!!

Its just the damn renault design on the back of them which seems to cause the problem.

If you get them to "fit-ish" they dont face the right way.... you can ask Roamer how it looks :LOL as i blinded him with them and they were only a tiny bit out.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Sure thay'll fail the MOT with no auto-levelling?

My mate fitted them to a 106 and had to take them out for the MOT

Audi TT 225 Quattro
thanks for info 'has' will keep an eye on them packs:mad:

the conversion was'nt exactly a stright fit , at 1st the lights themself did'nt want nothing to do with the angel eyes, the lights r alot bigger than std h1 fittment and would get stuck in places, out came the file.....1 hour later all sorted.did'nt have to take much off just maybe 1-2mm here and there. can still fit std bulbs to if needed:) . if any1s thinking of doing this on mk1 std lights i can't see there being a problem as the light look exactly the same.