ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Lights

renault sport clio 200cup
Hi not sure if this is the right place to post this but worth a try.

I have a clio rs200 cup and am wanting to instal an HID kit to it.

Firstly is this poss with the plastic headlights (will they melt?).

What size bulbs will i need, n what out put their seems to b a lot of differnt ones to choose from?

im unsure of the bulbs you would need for the 200 but imo i wouldnt get hids if you havent got the projector style headlight as they dont look anywhere near as good and there are some issues i think regarding them, butim unsure whether you will have projectors or not?

right as i saw them described in another thread, the best way to describe projectors is like a glass ball where the light comes out on main beam. As far as i know all standard road cars that come with xenons, come with projectors because of the way they disperse the light, (if you were to fit hids into standard halogen headlights the light is dispersed everywhere as the wall of the headlights are mirrored which results on people flashing you cos they think youve still got your main beam on). Iirc hids and xenons are the same thing, xenons are just a lower temperature 4k i think, whereas hids will go up to 8k maximum for them to be road legal

anyway here some pics to try and explain it better

in the first pic this shows just normal headlights, not projector

non projectors.jpg

next is a picture with 200 with projectors, notice the little glass ball, (this controls where the light is dispersed)

projector.jpg

hope this helps, its not an obvious difference but will make a big difference when you fit hids

renault sport clio 200cup
cheers mate dont think i have the projector ones, are they an expensive thing to buy??

DSC03231.jpg

AG 200
You dont have the projectors mate , below is a closeup pic of mine (with projectors) which shows the projector.
Photo080-1.gif

The fitting for the NON Projector is H7.

Ive changed the bulbs 3 times now to try get a better output , the only ones Im kinda happy with are the PIAA bulbs.
Ive not gone for the HIDs yet as I wanted to exhaust all legal avenues first.
For a more detailed explanation of why and how look at this thread on RS
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/Forum_postst73725/200-bulb-change-x1/Default.aspx
8 pages so too long to c&v.

clio williams, Ph1 172
You can fit them without projectors but will probably need to adjust the lights. Although they are illegal, but as long as they are adjusted ok and pass and MOT I don't see a problem, They do work better with projectors too.