ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Xenon spots

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

Im replaing the standard spots with these and just wondering how easy to wire in. They cost me £700 and look the biss but no wires ! Im puzzeled and Sabre have quoted me £120 to fit and wire them !!! WHAT

Any body got any ideas on fitting time i would like them wiring to original stalk on wheel

if you can, take them back and get a refund. I came across a website called rallyeusedparts where a guy has converted his 172 and is selling Xenons, front seats etc etc for very cheap. he probably has the wiring for them too..

Lionel Richie

when you say spots, do you mean fogs lights or main beam???

If youve bought the 172 headlights you also need a box of tricks to power em up i think

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

thats why I was asking if it was for rallying.. cause then I could justify the 700 quid..

You will need a ballast and a controller for each bulb Fred-d, its costly shop around you may get some for about £300, get the Phillips (standard on 172 and most other cars with Xenons)

errm, re. HID being different from Xenon: nope

HID is the same as "xenon". HID is the correct name and stands for High Intensity Discharge. The term "Xenon" is losely applied to car lights because thats what people relate to. Xenon is one of many gase that can be used to fill the bulb and HID refers to the fact the arc reaches twice the colour temperature of a halogen bulb, i.e 7000K versus approx 3000k. Thats what gives HIDs a blueish light as natural light is about 7000k colour temperature too.

Anytime visibility is seriously reduced, (generally less tha 100 meters), you must use your low beam headlights (NOT parking lights) and the rear red fog lamp. The use of the rear fog light is mandatory. The use of front fog lamps are optional. Avoid motorways (if possible) during fog since traffic tends to move too quickly for conditions and multiple-car pile-ups are common.