ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HIDs insurance...

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Is it a good idea to notify your insurance company if you install HID's?
I know they're technically illegal to have on a vehicle without the normal washers etc. So is it a declaration job to the insurance or not?

Cheers guys :D

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ If the inspector gets called, if you have a crash.

I know it's all ifs and maybes, but I'd be seriously suprised if in the worst case scenario you killed 10 children waiting at the bus stop and the police and insurance underwriters were all over the scene that they'd say you're driving without insurance because you have different headlights.

Just don't be one of those pricks that doesn't set them up right making them look like hi-beams!

Evo 8 MR
I can agree with getting different bulbs in order to alter the colour temperature but I cannot justify spending well in excess of £100 on HID's or angel eyes.

Personally I wouldn't risk it tbh, they probably wouldn't add anything on anyway.

Always declare any modification, just so that you're covered in the event of an accident.

A lot of insurers like ourselves won't charge you for this sort of change anyway.