ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High Emission-MOT Fail

clio 172 phs 1
Can anyone give me any idea why my car failed it's emissions....i have phs 1 172 with the double catalyst
Fast idle Test
High CO 4.56
High HC 1176
Low Lamba 0.881

2nd fast idle test
High CO 8.71
High HC 2128
Low Lamba 0.736

Exhaust has a slight leak from joint at back box but didn't fail for this.....

clio 172 phs 1
Just to add to this, i've tested the Lambda sensor signal wire and it appears to be fluctuating between 0.1v-0.9v at idle,however it seems to be sticking when i hold revs at 2500rpm?

182cup & 172 racecar
Seems to me, you've been told to change the lambda sensor, and make sure it hot/warm when they test it.

clio 172 phs 1
Cant really control when the garage MOT my car unfortunately......besides i can't really see how that would cause those types of readings,if every car they emission tested were like that i think VOSA would be asking questions!!!!

PH2 172
Can anyone give me any idea why my car failed it's emissions....i have phs 1 172 with the double catalyst
Fast idle Test
High CO 4.56
High HC 1176
Low Lamba 0.881

2nd fast idle test
High CO 8.71
High HC 2128
Low Lamba 0.736

Did he ask you how you are going to vote tomorrow?

Last edited:
  Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Get the car Terraclean treated. My 172 had high emmissions last year. Had it treated and CO was 0 HC 6 after treatment.

clio 172 phs 1
Fast idle Test
High CO 4.56
High HC 1176
Low Lamba 0.881

2nd fast idle test
High CO 8.71
High HC 2128
Low Lamba 0.736

Just to update this incase someone else has similar readings,it was the Lambda sensor that was faulty.