ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High pitched sucking/blowing sound

Titanium 182 FF
182, standard airbox with ITG and a KTEC S/sports with standard Cat.

Very noticeable at 3000-5000rpm under acceleration. Best way to describe it is that it sounds a bit like a turbo spooling up, definitely not meant sound like this.

In my experience I'd say this was an exhaust blow, Manifold to Cat gasket?

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

LY R26 #288
I'd say manifold to cat gasket. Mines the same. It opens under acceleration. But IMO a worn engine mount could contribute to it, as when you accelerate the engine pulls forward more than it should.

Titanium 182 FF
I think I'm going to book it in with Dan at 519 to have a look, as I don't have access to a ramp. Interestingly the previous owner had new tyres fitted in September at a tyre and exhaust fitted who commented that they thought the exhaust was blowing, yet when they looked they couldn't find the issue :/

LY R26 #288
I put a new gasket kit on mine and it still makes the sound. So I've replaced my mounts apart from the top one which is knackered and is on order.

yep, quite common.

I've replaced gasket kits (down pipe to cat) and tried different clamps (on the cat to system joint) and whilst it still it isn't perfect I have managed to align everything (without resorting to sealants) to get it so that it is nearly right for the last 6 months... i.e nobody else can here what I hear so it must just be because I'm a picky git and have obvously become obsessed with this fault!