ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

highway insurance (though Adrian flux)

Ford Mustang 5.0
Greenlight are extremely competitive but won't insure high risk areas (e.g. Manchester)...

IMO insurance companies are all thieves in suits. Why when you get fined for doing 33 in a 30 does your yearly premium rocket!? Surely you've already paid the price???

F'ing joke if you ask me!

There are only a hanful of postcodes that we cannot quote for due to the losses incurred in these areas. Its nothing against the postcode its just down to a higher than average claim ratio that makes the statistics in that area look bad....The insurer then ask us to stop writing business in these areas to avoid making contious loss.

All we do here is high performance and highly modified cars, mainly for young drivers...If we did not insure high risk drivers we would be pretty stuffed....so you statement of "Basically they will only quote you if they consider you low risk" is incorrect.

If it wasn't for us making a loss 3 years running in your postcode sector we could happily provide you a competetive quote.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Just swopped insurance to Greenlight (KGM through Lloyds)....over £500 cheaper then my previous premium.:cool:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Greenlight are extremely competitive but won't insure high risk areas (e.g. Manchester)...

IMO insurance companies are all thieves in suits. Why when you get fined for doing 33 in a 30 does your yearly premium rocket!? Surely you've already paid the price???

F'ing joke if you ask me!

There are only a hanful of postcodes that we cannot quote for due to the losses incurred in these areas. Its nothing against the postcode its just down to a higher than average claim ratio that makes the statistics in that area look bad....The insurer then ask us to stop writing business in these areas to avoid making contious loss.

All we do here is high performance and highly modified cars, mainly for young drivers...If we did not insure high risk drivers we would be pretty stuffed....so you statement of "Basically they will only quote you if they consider you low risk" is incorrect.

If it wasn't for us making a loss 3 years running in your postcode sector we could happily provide you a competetive quote.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

Well I’m 26, 6 years NCB, 0 convictions and 0 accidents and you couldn’t quote me on my LCR.

My postcode is M20 which if you know Manchester is one of the more affluent areas (Didsbury).

I appreciate why you might not want to insure someone living in M14 (Moss Side) but I don’t consider M20 a risky area.

What makes me laugh is that insurance companies will happy insure someone (at a low price) if they live in a safe area but who’s to say they don’t leave their car in a really risky area while they work?

Ford Mustang 5.0
Well I’m 26, 6 years NCB, 0 convictions and 0 accidents and you couldn’t quote me on my LCR.

My postcode is M20 which if you know Manchester is one of the more affluent areas (Didsbury).

I appreciate why you might not want to insure someone living in M14 (Moss Side) but I don’t consider M20 a risky area.

What makes me laugh is that insurance companies will happy insure someone (at a low price) if they live in a safe area but who’s to say they don’t leave their car in a really risky area while they work?

Having a high number of claims from an area doesn't mean its a bad area to live in. It could just mean that there were a lot of accidents. It is by no means a slur on the quality of the area....We get prices from the insuer based on our own profit in postcodes so when make a loss for 2/3 years running the prices for that postcode will increase massively or in some cases refuse tio take on business there.

Hope this helps explain things

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

Renault clio mk1 p3
Can i get a discount though greenlight?

If so how?

I have just had a quote from highway via greenlight £375

8 ncb, 1 claim not at fault, 31 years young, i have a mod clio mk1

I was also quoted the same price from KLM though greenlight.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Ford Mustang 5.0
Can i get a discount though greenlight?

If so how?

I have just had a quote from highway via greenlight £375

8 ncb, 1 claim not at fault, 31 years young, i have a mod clio mk1

I was also quoted the same price from KLM though greenlight.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

We ask at the start of the quote if you are cliosport member also if you complete a quote form online there is a club/forum member questions.

If you answered yes to the this the discount would of already been applied.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight