ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

highway insurance (though Adrian flux)

M140i/Orange 182
Insurance runs out on wednesday with elephant.

ive been reading alot of negativity about highway, even though they have given me the cheapest quote (£768) 22,4YNCB

not sure what to do, next up from that is admiral at £826.

anyone insured with highway?

MK2 PH2 Clio 1.poverty
yeah i am mate, i have no probs with highway only adrian flux but thats a different story, i found them to be very competitive and am covered for absolutley everything for £810 fully comp, 23 yrs old and 1 yrs ncb

Clown Car
I used to be insured with Highway through Adrian Flux, yeah i read the bad press about Highway aswell but i never had a problem with them, but then again i never had to make a claim, as they say you only know how good an insurance company is when you have to make a claim.

Have you tried Privelege.com, they beat all other quotes for me last year £399 F/C

M140i/Orange 182
I used to be insured with Highway through Adrian Flux, yeah i read the bad press about Highway aswell but i never had a problem with them, but then again i never had to make a claim, as they say you only know how good an insurance company is when you have to make a claim.

Have you tried Privelege.com, they beat all other quotes for me last year £399 F/C

i have tryed privelege, £596 full comp, but they only insure mods for over 25's!! bummer.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I'm looking at it now, as i have to send it all back to them, only been on cover since 13th.

Defo highway, but these were the only insurers that do trackday cover :S

I've just gone with greenlight, think they use highway should i be worried?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=211342&highlight=highway+insurance

I pay nothing compared to some of you, under £400.

did you get highway insurance though them? greenlight are only the broker.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I'm covered by Ensign through Flux. I've just renewed at £523 with 5 years ncb @ 24 and all mods declared.

The original quote was £682 with 39% APR on the monthly credit! The price soon changed after a quick phone call.

clio...
dad used to be with them with the 4x4... They were quality. However, when it came to selling up & Cancelling the policy they became a pain in the arse. Took a month to cancel after several phone calls & a letter and the whole "We'll ring you back to finalise on monday" palarva. They did refund some money in the end for the hassle they caused.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I was with Highways though flux for almost 8 years, never had a problem.

I recently switched to Privilege as they had an offer of 0% interest monthly payments and they've been real s***s. As I got the policy on a price promise they are being really awkward and picky, now they don't like the paper my renewal from Highway was printed on saying it's a dodgy photocopy. So I've had to call flux, ask for all my paperwork, again, to send on. They were nie as pie, did it all right away, even offered to call Privilege to tell them the details over the phone.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
So there good & bad, what insurance company is not???

Will phone Neil & have a chat;)

Ad

MK2 FRS

I recently switched to Privilege as they had an offer of 0% interest monthly payments and they've been real s**ts. As I got the policy on a price promise they are being really awkward and picky, now they don't like the paper my renewal from Highway was printed on saying it's a dodgy photocopy. So I've had to call flux, ask for all my paperwork, again, to send on. They were nie as pie, did it all right away, even offered to call Privilege to tell them the details over the phone.

The thing is mate.. privilege are pretty good when it comes to paying out and thats the bit that matters.

my 182 was stolen before christmas... and they paid out in 6weeks (even with the festive period) and compensated me for 5 wasted days.....

both my claims where when i was insured with privilege and I will be returning to them when i get my NCB back up.d

M140i/Orange 182
right its decison time, flux are doing £768 for 12 month, £500 all in excess, mods declared.

admiral £826 and thats only for 10 months!

think i might just bite the bullet and go with flux (highway)

i'm with highway too, only used them once before and never had to claim, so I'd rather have to f**k about and harrass them if I did claim than spend £100's more for a piece of paper saying I'm covered through someone else that could be just as bad. You hear good and bad about all insurers, but they are all cowboys out to take money for nothing. 7 years NCD, never had a claim for or against me, so that's roughly £6k in insurance... I'm almost tempted to just put my car into a wall just to get something out of all this

Ford Mustang 5.0
right its decison time, flux are doing £768 for 12 month, £500 all in excess, mods declared.

We deal with Highway and they offer a good level of service. They have over 600,000 policy holders and offer very competetive rates for young drivers on highperformance/modified cars, hence why so many Cliosport and other forum members are with them.

Don't let The odd isolated case where a customer has experienced a problem put you off. Highway like all insurers are regulated by the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service) so should you experience a problem you always have the FOS to contact so they can investigate the case and make a decision to either back the insurer or overturn the complaint in the customers favor.

I personally insure a number of family and freinds with Highway and a lot of the guys who work here at Greenlight have their own policies with Highway, If we were at all concerned about Highways integrity we would not place our own policies, family and freinds with them.

If it was my money i would definately take the cheaper quote with A-Flux as its £60 cheaper and for 12 months rather than 10.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Thats good enough for me.

Worth it for the track cover ;)

We deal with Highway and they offer a good level of service. They have over 600,000 policy holders and offer very competetive rates for young drivers on highperformance/modified cars, hence why so many Cliosport and other forum members are with them.

Don't let The odd isolated case where a customer has experienced a problem put you off. Highway like all insurers are regulated by the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service) so should you experience a problem you always have the FOS to contact so they can investigate the case and make a decision to either back the insurer or overturn the complaint in the customers favor.

I personally insure a number of family and freinds with Highway and a lot of the guys who work here at Greenlight have their own policies with Highway, If we were at all concerned about Highways integrity we would not place our own policies, family and freinds with them.

If it was my money i would definately take the cheaper quote with A-Flux as its £60 cheaper and for 12 months rather than 10.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

A red missile
i'm with highway too, only used them once before and never had to claim, so I'd rather have to f**k about and harrass them if I did claim than spend £100's more for a piece of paper saying I'm covered through someone else that could be just as bad. You hear good and bad about all insurers, but they are all cowboys out to take money for nothing. 7 years NCD, never had a claim for or against me, so that's roughly £6k in insurance... I'm almost tempted to just put my car into a wall just to get something out of all this

Same here, and my thinking is the same as yours to be honest, i'm prepared to have a bit of hassle to save £200-£300 quid initially. I've been using Flux since I bought the Trophy, they were way cheaper than anyone else, i'm paying £385 with protected NCD, Direct Line wanted nearly £900! hmm let me see £385 or £900 - tough call. Only other one that came close was Sainsbury's, they were a shade under £400, not sure who with though, but they're always good to beat Flux down come renewal time.

A red missile
I'm looking at it now, as i have to send it all back to them, only been on cover since 13th.

Defo highway, but these were the only insurers that do trackday cover
:S

did you get highway insurance though them? greenlight are only the broker.

How much extra are you paying for that mate?

I feel a trackday coming on, was wondering how much insuring would rob me.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Nothing, think it was part of the policy. ( £50 day before trackday & double excess while on track, defo good value as been quoted £120 just for a days cover)

Got it through Greenlight.

Same here, and my thinking is the same as yours to be honest, i'm prepared to have a bit of hassle to save £200-£300 quid initially. I've been using Flux since I bought the Trophy, they were way cheaper than anyone else, i'm paying £385 with protected NCD, Direct Line wanted nearly £900! hmm let me see £385 or £900 - tough call. Only other one that came close was Sainsbury's, they were a shade under £400, not sure who with though, but they're always good to beat Flux down come renewal time.

That's a hell of a difference and to make it worth your while you'd actually have to crash your car! lol

172 phaseII
im trying to sort mine out too! privilige is the best for me at £664. im 21 with 4yncb - protected. Still wouldnt mind it cheaper though!

M140i/Orange 182
well ive insured with flux &highway, rung up at lunch, staight though to a adviser, bloke on the other end seemed very helpful, and went though my policy detail by detail.

cheapest quote i got, + cliosport discount :D

The Jesus, you made a very good point, insurers are there too take your money!!!

happy now!

it's not really insurance, it's theft at the end of the day. I'm giving someone a bunch of money "in case" something happens... if however it doesn't happen I don't see a dime back... f**king joke really, money for nothing

I was with Highway years ago & tbh I found them utterly useless, it took me about 6 months to actually get the policy:rolleyes: all they would ever send me was cover note after cover note:S

When I got the full policy thru (after six months !) most of the cars details were missing !!

As oon as the year was up I was off elsewhere.

I'd never touch them again.
My quote through greenlight I got the other day, was with Highway - no chance.

Ford Mustang 5.0
My quote through greenlight I got the other day, was with Highway - no chance.

We deal with a number of other insuers, if you PM me the reference of the quote I may be able to get one of them to Match highways rate?

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

MY10 R35 GTR
im with highway through greenlight, not had a problem.

But due to what I have heard I keep a not of every phone conversation and send a letter to them aswell in connection with the phonecall.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i have been with highway through flux for the past 2-3 years, they have always been ok with me but as some said i have never needed to claim.

my renewals have always been rubbish but with a bit of ringing around and an incentive i rung back and i managed to half my renewal quote basically, couldn't believe it.

we shall see how good they can be within the next few days as i should be changing cars, i have to pay the extra etc, i should be picking the car up on saturday at which point they told me to ring and activate it....hopefully this should all go smoothly

MK1 Clio (soon to be V6)
I've been insured with Highway for a couple of years now. Always been pretty good with me, offering discounts for club memberships and show attendance. What's more, they insured my 205GTi on a classic car policy with organised track day cover at a bargain price. ;)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

I recently switched to Privilege as they had an offer of 0% interest monthly payments and they've been real s**ts. As I got the policy on a price promise they are being really awkward and picky, now they don't like the paper my renewal from Highway was printed on saying it's a dodgy photocopy. So I've had to call flux, ask for all my paperwork, again, to send on. They were nie as pie, did it all right away, even offered to call Privilege to tell them the details over the phone.

The thing is mate.. privilege are pretty good when it comes to paying out and thats the bit that matters.

my 182 was stolen before christmas... and they paid out in 6weeks (even with the festive period) and compensated me for 5 wasted days.....

both my claims where when i was insured with privilege and I will be returning to them when i get my NCB back up.d

I've had 2 claims throughout my time with Highways and they've always been really good and helpful so no complaints on that side either :)

Will be Greenlight for me too. Managed to almost half my premium, so it's now down to £557.75 all mods declared... don't think I'll be renewing my current policy in a couple of months :D

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Greenlight are extremely competitive but won't insure high risk areas (e.g. Manchester)...Basically they will only quote you if they consider you "low risk"

IMO insurance companies are all thieves in suits. Why when you get fined for doing 33 in a 30 does your yearly premium rocket!? Surely you've already paid the price???

F'ing joke if you ask me!

Greenlight are extremely competitive but won't insure high risk areas (e.g. Manchester)...Basically they will only quote you if they consider you "low risk"

IMO insurance companies are all thieves in suits. Why when you get fined for doing 33 in a 30 does your yearly premium rocket!? Surely you've already paid the price???

F'ing joke if you ask me!

Agree with the second bit, but not the first as I just got quoted basically half of what I'm currently paying and live in the Manchester area :)