ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Hill Power Induction Kit???**

renault clio 1.8 16v
Hi,

Right, as we all know valvers just dont get on with inductions kits, too much hot air sucked in from the bay!

Mine is just shockingly crap! Got a pipercross. Its alright when its cold especially in winter, but when heat sets in its game over!

Is the hillpower induction kit the answer?

It just seems aparent to me that this induction kit is away from all heat?

Ive just come accross it and the cone is actually stored in the windscreen wash compartment.

Is this where it is stored? It doesnt quite make it clear in the picture.

http://www.hillpower.co.uk

Click on photos when you are on the website and its 3rd down in the middle.

What happens to the wash bottle?

What do we reckon?

Anyone got one?

Cheers
Leigh

my_clio_16vb.jpg

my_clio_16va.jpg

renault clio 1.8 16v
yeah, its alrite mate, its only had 1 owner in 10years from new, im second, been garaged and frsh, its droppin to bits at the moment though!

Clutch, power steering pump, cambelt, you name it its been done, but im never goin to sell it as its worth more to me than £1500. Future classics these cars!

the immobiliser just packed in recently, couldnt disarm to start it!

it was only £88 at renault to get the key shut down and re-programmed.

cheapest trip Ive ever had to renault!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Expensive hobby owning a 16v.

Best thing to do would be just get standard air box for 16v and panel filter.

renault clio 1.8 16v
your telling me!

so you think that this hillpower one would be just the same as other induction kits? Lumpy?

as everyone, inductions kits just sound really throaty on a valver and a panel would not be as loud although it would drive more responsive!

Trophy
my16vclio said:
Hi,

Right, as we all know valvers just dont get on with inductions kits, too much hot air sucked in from the bay!

Mine is just shockingly crap! Got a pipercross. Its alright when its cold especially in winter, but when heat sets in its game over!

Ive just come accross it and the cone is actually stored in the windscreen wash compartment.

Is this where it is stored?

What happens to the wash bottle?

What do we reckon?

Cheers
Leigh

Yes it is located in place of the washer bottle.
The washer bottle gets replaced with like a colostomy bag.
It is very effective but you have to cut a hole in the panel to route the piping.

Mat.

renault clio 1.8 16v
Mat,

it seems as though you know a bit about these hillpower induction kits. I presume you have one?

will it mean no more ridiculous reduction in torque acceleration etc, like normal crappy induction kits?

cheers
Leigh

Tungy
Yeah I have this situation too. Currently running a K&N 57i and just thinking of replacing it, as I bought it with it on and seems okay as I know no better? Thinking of returning to a standard airbox and using an ITG filter as this seems to be a popular choice but I will lose that incredible sound :(. Would it still sound quite throaty with a stainless steel decat system (sorry not sure on make)?

Trophy
my16vclio said:
Mat,

it seems as though you know a bit about these hillpower induction kits. I presume you have one?

will it mean no more ridiculous reduction in torque acceleration etc, like normal crappy induction kits?

cheers
Leigh

Sorry mate, i don't have one fitted, yet, just know alot about Nicks work.
My previous experiences with IK's are not all bad, the last engine Nick built for me ran a quicker 1/4 mile with a k&n fitted than the standard airbox, this was done back to back on the same day, go figure!

Mat.

Clio 172 mk2
Bradharding said:
Yeah I have this situation too. Currently running a K&N 57i and just thinking of replacing it, as I bought it with it on and seems okay as I know no better? Thinking of returning to a standard airbox and using an ITG filter as this seems to be a popular choice but I will lose that incredible sound :(. Would it still sound quite throaty with a stainless steel decat system (sorry not sure on make)?

That is the best solution and I imagine it'll be cheaper than the IK too:D

Clio 182 Trophy
Hi

I spoke to Nick about his induction kit the other day and he found 30 degree temperature difference between his induction kit located where the washer bottle is compared to standard airbox with a high flow filter and direct air feed (thats pretty impressive figures). I think the kit is around £260 £270 mark and installation is around £80 from what I remember but for accurate prices I would contact Nick about it.

many regards

James

W

WrongJohn

Hows about HP for 172's? The pics look cool but is it a power/response mod or a posing/sound mod?

Regards
John