ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hill power, k-tec, bb -which company

im gunna be getting a new exhaust for the beast as soon as i get some cash, so im thinking of getting a k-tec jobbie, or one from bb. has anyone got any experience as to which exhaust has the best quality and most bang for your buck?

jimbo

i think BenR got a K tech one and im not sure he was 100% happy with it but im not sure, also i dont think hill power dont make thier own anymore so it would be a magnex which i have got on the clio and its very good, but the best for power gains is that company that do mild steel ones, super sprint i think and they are the only people who test thier systems for performance increases, the are without number 1, just with i could remeber thier name, BenR knows who im on about

i wasnt unhappy with the K-tec system, its extreemely good, better than magnex i would say. but it was somebody else who saw my system whom complained for no reason about crap.....

anyway, K-tec are very good and they have a wide choice...give them a call.

Well last I heared was that Hill Power dont do exhausts anymore. Can get one made for you. But dont do them themselves anymore. So thats one to take off your list.

Paul

FRST and 106 GTi

nothing like my own exhaust especialy designed for my old Super5 GTR... I called PMF. It was loud like a #$"#$"#%"#$#"#%#" and even today dont know if gained any power at all! eheh

well... it was funny building it . :) :)

i personally would have gone for a super sprint exhaust..........but they have stopped making them in stainless steel............so i went for the 4 1/2 slash cut K-tec system......the quality is there & it certianly does improve the breathing of the engine..............but its fookin loud !!......like cant hear yer self think @4000rpm loud !!!.............K-tec have told me that they are making a bigger silence for it soon & i can bring my centre section back & swap it at no extra charge.........so im a happy bunnie !!!

thing is....its on the car......so how do i take it off then take it down to them....coz i aint got anyway of gettin down there & .......oh well.....im sure well work somthing out !

BMW 320d Sport

LOL that KTEc one is bloody loud if its the same one Bondy was sporting when we were over in Europe. I mean REALLY loud. Ive just ditched my Magnex for a big bore BB job cos the turbo needs it, but it is pretty good I reckon, sounds alright, not too loud rreally but a bit noisier than a Magnex. Cant complain about the Magnex quality though, three years and I never cleaned it, then I took it off, give it a bit of a buffing and you can see your face in it again. £OFfers over £100 if anyone wants a Magnex cat back system and can collect from Southend.

im just about to replace the old Devil exhaust system on my 16v with a new K8 (3.5" straight cut tailpipe with removable baffle) Power System exhaust from K-Tec (full stainless steel from cat back with a lifetime warranty)...I cant wait to hear the results! Apparently you can easily pop the baffle on and off, to give you an approximate 50% difference in loudness! I will let you know how it goes.

I would definitely recommend K-Tec! They could not be more helpful. And remember, ClioSport members also get an extra 5% discount!