ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HillPower Silicon Bend

yes i thinkin about buying one to for my viper and so is george i wants a yellow one would prefer to have silver but they dont do that colour

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 06 May 2004

It doesnt give a gain changing the elbow.
why not? its quite a bit fatter than the standard pipe so used with an ik kit it might do something i would have thought

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

i put k-tecs version on my car at donny show. needs fine tunin but its made by samco an in nice samco blue too!!

should be available soon

Suzuki SV1000S

I was told that it was because of that curve bit that is like crinkled, apparently that affects air flow?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

This is a pretty good topic, as I have the BMC CDA Induction kit and was thinking about the Hill Power bend. If its not worth it then I wont bother, as its a bit expensive for apparently no reason? Hmm...interesting.

Air doesnt follow the crinkles...so it doesnt really affect it.

And so long as its the bore of the TB its fine, any bigger wont matter.

the gains come from the fact its straight through, and the fact that the original black one conducts heat and heats the air up as it goes in engine, the silicone ones are alot thicker and not black, therefore the air wont get as heated, this info comes from the bloke at hill power, i just got one and it feels a little more responsive, and looks a million times better.

Do you think air moving through that tiny elbow has enough time to pickup heat!?

And the std elbow doesnt store enough heat to transfer it to the air. Its thermo plastic and doesnt conduct heat.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 09 May 2004

Do you think air moving through that tiny elbow has enough time to pickup heat!?

And the std elbow doesnt store enough heat to transfer it to the air. Its thermo plastic and doesnt conduct heat.
i have no idea, as it says im my message thats whaT the bloke from hill power said, NOT ME ??

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

yep... looks better.... but thats about it.... on a F1 engine that is running 100 times higher specs than these cars it might make a difference....

but not here.

R

rich[182]

i thought also the std pipe goes down to 63mm dia whereas hilpower one is 70mm end to end, std one is convoluted as well