ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hillpower web site

Mk2 Golf GTI

just a quick question about the 1.2 16v. What would happen if i got the induction kit but not the uprated FPR and the engine was running lean? what damage would this do?

Non really just the air fuel ratio would be wrong and your ecu should notice and put more fuel in i think, although nick will probably say thats horse sh*t:D The uprated FPR will allow more fuel giving better combustion and icrease in performance. I cant see any significant problems in the engine runing lean as it will be only by a small amount.

The engine will not run dangerously lean with just the IK. The reason we have changed the FPR is to compensate for the extra air at full throttle which in turn gives more power through correct combustion.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Ive asked the same Q as you 172gal in the exterior forum on the similar thread. looks really cool.

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 11 October 2003

dont they just do yer sweede in ???? web sites with no prices... kinda tells you what ever they got aint cheap !!!
My thougts exactly!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 11 October 2003

dont they just do yer sweede in ???? web sites with no prices... kinda tells you what ever they got aint cheap !!!
Quality never is.....

yes but you shouldnt have to do that crap...this is the internet, you find what you want & buy it ! if theres no prices then you go somewhere else ! its the time youve wasted looking at somthing only to find they dont tell you the price !

i have never bought anything from hillpower because of this !

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 12 October 2003

Quality never is.....
Quality !! maybe !! but still no good without prices !! there are plenty of other companys offering the same or simular stuff .with prices too !!!

ever heard of a sayin " if you have to ask the price then you cant afford it" ??

Renault Laguna Coupe

LOL, I know what you mean, but still cant completely agree really. Prices are ok for a TV or a bolt-on mod for your car, this is a bit different. It doesnt necessarily mean its poor value for money. Mind you, K-tec do give prices I spose....

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Quote: Originally posted by riplash on 12 October 2003

If you email youll get a pricelist..
I did this and got sent a Word based version of the website with no prices!

BB tuning give prices too, for all parts then labour on top of that if you want them to fit it!

Ad

MK2 FRS

I have e-mailed for some of the 172 prices as I really want some of the bits. A soon as I get a reply I will post up here for people to see.

Adam

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Quote: Originally posted by steve a on 13 October 2003

Prices are only a phone call away!!!!!
Why should we have to make the call though?? The facility is there for him to use. He wants our business remember!!

yes but if you call him you can talk to him about the bits and ask any questions problems etc so ya dont end up having trouble

Yes but what if your planning on doing stuff in the future and your just browsing around the different companies, you dont want to start making calls, as for some of the work cant be priced true. BUT you can price the IKs and you can price the Stage 1,2 conversions etc as its the same work, ie ECU back box and IK.

Monaco 172

"Kit part number IND03
Retail price £140.00 plus vat
Fitted retail price £155.00 plus vat"

They had prices of everything i looked at

Ad

MK2 FRS

Quote: Originally posted by G_Man on 13 October 2003

"Kit part number IND03
Retail price £140.00 plus vat
Fitted retail price £155.00 plus vat"

They had prices of everything i looked at
Unfortunatley mate there are no prices for any of the 172 parts on ths site.

Havent had a reply to my e-mail as yet, will give them a ring this afternoon, if they dont reply.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Had a look at the 1.2 16v bit, gotta say that the induction kit looks the buisness and isnt bad value for money. If I still had a 1.2 16v would definitley have got one, just for looks alone. Fills the enigine bay up nicely.