ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

His and Hers Euro Clio Project

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Hi guys, Ive been around on clio sport for a year now and seen some wicked cars and some awsum project with very kool threads. So I decided I think I might have something that hasn't been done yet?
Basically I own a mk1 clio gtt, which is now off the road due to rust, but its going to be a track car. From that decision I decided to buy a mk2 clio dci. My girlfriend who lives with me also likes clios and she owns a mk2 as well. Which got me thinking, "I haven't seen any his and hers cars", so I have decided that I am going to create twin euro style cars with subtle but noticeable differences. So this is the begining of my project diary :).
1097962_10200565389919620_246627440_n.jpg
1098049_10200605411520135_12378424_n.jpg

They may not be the same underneath the bonnet, but they will sure look cool when they are done. This thread will be updated every other week or so, it will be a slow process.

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Why yes, yes it is.. closed the boot, and the rear passenger window smashed out... dont have the faintest idea how but s*** happens

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Hi guys quick update bought a 172 as a donor car for the black dci. All interior and body panels are going on the dci but being modified before fitted. Its a shame I have to break the 172 cup but a mechanic did the cam belt wrong and the timing was out, so bad it smashed a spark plug... gunna strip the car to a bare shell and fix the engine, turbo it and put it in my mk1 track car (I'll post some pics of that closer to the time). This is the 172 im breaking... full stainless MIJ exhaust, coilovers, induction kit, etc.
1235390_10201669782731478_143014951_n.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hi guys quick update bought a 172 as a donor car for the black dci. All interior and body panels are going on the dci but being modified before fitted. Its a shame I have to break the 172 cup but a mechanic did the cam belt wrong and the timing was out, so bad it smashed a spark plug... gunna strip the car to a bare shell and fix the engine, turbo it and put it in my mk1 track car (I'll post some pics of that closer to the time). This is the 172 im breaking... full stainless MIJ exhaust, coilovers, induction kit, etc.
1235390_10201669782731478_143014951_n.jpg

That 172 looks seriously tidy! Don't break it :(

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
That 172 looks seriously tidy! Don't break it :(

Yeah it is tidy but under the hood its a mess! Cam belt change was done wrong and the pistons have smashed the plugs. I'm stripping it to cover 2 projects. Body and interior for a euro project and the running gear, axles, and engine (once rebuilt) for a mk1 clio turbo project. I am buying this at a steal of £550 considering this is the cup model!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Pistons wouldn't have mashed the spark plugs.

Id buy a doner engine and put it in that cup. Looks too tidy to break

Civic Type R FN2
Closed the boot and it blew a window out? Exactly the reason I LOVE old Peugeots - so much charm! The engines can go round the world but the rest of the car will shake itself apart and fall to pieces!

I did have a Pug 309 diesel; it came to the end of its life and even in it's final moments whilst getting winched onto the back of a lorry, the winch pulled and the front bumper went flying and the car didn't move. Completely rusted through. Best car I ever had...

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Closed the boot and it blew a window out? Exactly the reason I LOVE old Peugeots - so much charm! The engines can go round the world but the rest of the car will shake itself apart and fall to pieces!

I did have a Pug 309 diesel; it came to the end of its life and even in it's final moments whilst getting winched onto the back of a lorry, the winch pulled and the front bumper went flying and the car didn't move. Completely rusted through. Best car I ever had...

Haha yeah exactly lol.

The plugs have been smashed by the pistons lol, seen them. It has dropped a valve aswell. The engine is being rebuilt, turboed and out in a mk1. I haven't got the space to keep the cup. I will buy another 172 eventually, when I can get insured on one, I'm 19 and my insurers have told me I can't insure it until at least 21.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
If it dropped a valve then the piston has mashed the valve up against the plug.

​still seems a waste

I'd just fix the engine and put it back in the 172 as a track car and insure it when your 21, whats the point in putting in a rusty box? i do have a thing for the mk1's though. :)

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
I'd just fix the engine and put it back in the 172 as a track car and insure it when your 21, whats the point in putting in a rusty box? i do have a thing for the mk1's though. :)

Havent got the space to keep a 7th car, not getting rid of my MK1 too much I can do with it lol. Got some forged pistons to replace the pistons in the 172 engine, and found a new head, so gunna rebuild it, and turbo the 172 enigne. Drop it in the mk1 and push for 300bhp in the mk1. I prefer mk1 clios, I love the lines and the body of the mk1. I will just buy a 182 when I'm 21 lol.

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
So the project has started, the 172 cup had its last ever road trip.
1239681_10201722885699019_538218494_n.jpg

Then it got home and took all its clothes off.... filthy swine
1174890_10201731978966345_1149949233_n.jpg

1236643_10201731980726389_1809713680_n.jpg

Sold some random parts, some still available if anyone is interested. The engine that dropped the valve is in good nick, just replacing valves and pistons and as good as new!

But now the task begins of repairing the front bumper (the guy hit a fox and a badger) so a bit of damage. Smooth of the bumper and start repairing dents and dints in the black clio!

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Lol Just started stripping down the 172 engine that I took out the cup and found out that there was no head gasket, but only window grade silicone sealant? Who the fudge does that? Timing was out by over 90-120 degree! But I found an entire top end to put on it! So replaced the pistons and then new top end and we have a working engine! Will start smoothing bumpers this weekend, will keep updated!