ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit Sommet last nite

Comming back down the A45 from Coventry last night, about 12ish, saw sommet that looked like a rabit/cat sat at the side of the road...(this is dual carridgeway by the way).

As i got closer the f**king thing runs out inot the middle of the road and sits right in the middle of my lane, as the car si low and didnt wanna damage anything.....or kill the animal i start braking, and move over to the outside lane (empty road).

Just as i got to it the stupid thing ran accross under the passenger side wheels.

Stopped to check for damage in the next layby, but couldnt see anything, and the car was driving ok, possibly a little off under braking, but that coudl just be my imagination.

My question is, bearing in mind that the wheels went over it, is there likley to be any damage that i cant see?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Well what was it?

did you go back and have a look?

If there is no visible damage, then it should be ok.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

blimy ^^^^

182 - do drive thru zoos heheh
[Edited by Has 16v on 24 October 2004 at 2:21pm]

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 24 October 2004

Well what was it?

did you go back and have a look?

If there is no visible damage, then it should be ok.
It was a dual carridgeway, layby was a good mile further down the road, didnt wanna stop on the carridgeway

Yaris Hybrid

Your car will be fine.

Mate of mine just lost control of his MR2 whilst drink driving with bald tyres. He went straight up a high curb head on and into a grass bank. The bank smashed up the front of his car but there is absolutely no damage to his suspension or wheels from smashing up the curb so I doubt a squishy rabbit would do any damage!

car? need a license 1st!

ive run over a few rabbits, and a few phesants (spelling? i try not to) but it never does any damage..

I think youll be fine mate

If you think the braking is off, id get it up on the ramps for a checkup as you dont want anything wrong with them. I hit a pheasant a while back coming back from Aviemore which destroyed my bumper mounts, arch liners and cost me two driveshafts so they can do some damage....

LY 200

No the feeling mate about 2 weeks ago I run over an already dead badger with my passenger side wheels!!

Bearing in mind my cars down 60mm I thought there would be some damage after but as of yet I havnt noticed any!!

clio 16v

you was lucky mate! i swerved to avoid hitting a badger the other day, and clipped a kerb. Luckily it was just my tires that caught it and not my wheels. Had i caught my wheels, i would have gone back and put tha badger down myself.

I ran over a deer in my other halfs Porsche 944 Turbo..... Didnt do too much damage to the car, but I think the deer was dead.

Front bumper had blood and hair stuck to it for a while.

I had a squirrel drop out of a tree and hit my windscreen once. Blummin Sh!t myself and it cracked the window!! I think the most damage you can do is puncture a tyre on a its bones.

Oh yeah hit a badger once too.......God rest its sole. :sick:

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 24 October 2004
Comming back down the A45 from Coventry last night, about 12ish, saw sommet that looked like a rabit/cat sat at the side of the road...(this is dual carridgeway by the way).As i got closer the f**king thing runs out inot the middle of the road and sits right in the middle of my lane, as the car si low and didnt wanna damage anything.....or kill the animal i start braking, and move over to the outside lane (empty road). Just as i got to it the stupid thing ran accross under the passenger side wheels.

Stopped to check for damage in the next layby, but couldnt see anything, and the car was driving ok, possibly a little off under braking, but that coudl just be my imagination.My question is, bearing in mind that the wheels went over it, is there likley to be any damage that i cant see?

bad weekend for us then mate.

i hit a big bit of plastic or something on the m42 at 2 am this morning and now my splitter is two pieces!

cant see any damage underneath but its too dark to tell.

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 24 October 2004

My question is, bearing in mind that the wheels went over it, is there likley to be any damage that i cant see?
As your wheels went over it , I would think it would be quite badly damaged..................poor rabbit;) :)