ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hitman - Absolution

Goliath I
I agree. The whole time playing Absolution I was thinking 'This isn't Hitman, this is another game using the characters resemblance'

It should be: Here is a level, here is your targets and here is the your reward. Simple. As I said before, the thing that really gripped my s**t was that you got penalised for killing people who were trying to kill you. HE'S A f**king HITMAN!

PH2 Flamer
Completed this the other day. Wouldnt recommend it tbh. You lose points for killing ppl that are shooting you. Supposed to run away and let it all cool down. But i just went all out guns blazing the whole game. It was epic!

Last level was nails, took me like 8 attempts.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm still going on this. Just finishing off a few challenges on the Death Factory level before moving on.

I still think it's awesome tbh. I've loved all the Hitman games and this one is just as good imo. I just think it's a case of the game has evolved and now it includes the story line, more about the Hitman himself and the agency, rather than just "here's the target, go get him".

Appreciate some of the things you guys are saying about it taking on elements of other games which gives the impression of it being quite linear, but then if you play it like your playing Call of Duty and just bust in shooting everyone in sight then it's going to be s**t as that totally isn't the point of the game.

The idea of a Hitman is to go in, get the target and get out without being spotted or leaving any evidence that you were there. Do not kill anyone else, even if they have spotted you. You need to change, hide, adapt to get away from them. Killing people other than the target and getting spotted is effectivly leaving evidence hense getting penalised.

It makes perfect sense. You guys are doing it wrong ;)

Goliath I
In some of the levels yes. But when cops/gangs are effectively chasing and shooting you, it's a little dumb that you get penalised for shooting back.

PH2 Flamer
Sometimes i couldnt find an outfit so i had to literally kill someone to nick their clothes. Then it would be body found or someone would spot me dragging it lol.

Then it was all guns blazing.

I loved china town, literally shot everyone even the civilians.

Never above 25mpg
Upto the penthouse level now! I haven't redone the levels to do the challenges yet, was taking alot of patience just to do one with alot of concentration

1.8 Civic EX
Finally done the hardest challenge I've come across in the game so far. Had to google it to find out what I was supposed to do and fool me did it take some practice! Piece of piss now I know how to do it though. Was on the attack of the saints level, in the motel.

angel of death part 2. Kill everyone in all three sections of the whole level without getting spotted, no bodies found, no blood pools found, can't use the checkpoints, in one sitting. If you get spotted you have to start the whole level again from the very beginning!

thats all challenges done on all levels up to that point now. On to the next level!

Goliath I
Sometimes i couldnt find an outfit so i had to literally kill someone to nick their clothes. Then it would be body found or someone would spot me dragging it lol.

Then it was all guns blazing.

I loved china town, literally shot everyone even the civilians.

You b*****d!

Evo 5 RS
Got this for Christmas and just picked it up the other day. It's had some bad critique from hardcore fans and reviewers - and if you liked Blood Money I can see why. For me it's the controls. At least on the PC. I don't see the fascination with having a separate key for every function. What was wrong with the menu system in Blood Money for actions? Makes things so much simpler. Also Purist mode is just so f*cking broken. I'm not sure if it's meant to be some kind of classic mode, but it's s**t. Removing instinct just doesn't work as it's such a massive factor in Absolution.

I've only played the first half hour so far, and despite it's flaws it's still pretty fun. I wasn't a fan of the scoring system at first, marking you down for every kill or for being spotted. Once I had the hang of it though, I found myself trying to get out as cleanly as possibly to get the Silent Assassin rating. Also, cranked up it looks really nice. For what seems overall to be quite ported in some respects, it scales really well.

hitman-absolution-EG2012-10.jpg

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
Screeny from my rig. Had another hour on this last night and got to the barbershop level. Might of helped that I went into it not expecting much, but definitely enjoying it so far.

hma2013011521391669.png

hma2013011521040115.png

Last edited:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Is that the Rosewood level?

Mentally difficult on expert setting.

Got bored of it. Shot everyone.

That's where I'm up to currently, not played it for a while. I have however, played through Blood Money again. It's just brilliant :D

Got bored of it. Shot everyone.

That's where I'm up to currently, not played it for a while. I have however, played through Blood Money again. It's just brilliant :D

I've tried it about 5000 times now and still can't do it without getting spotted. I'm just gonna lose it and shoot the place to s**t eventually.

I really need to go and invest in Blood Money again, miss that game. :(

Evo 5 RS
Blood money is the tits, house party level. Guns blazing :D

I'm actually quite enjoying this though, and yeah it's the Rosewood level

Evo 5 RS
I managed to do it on normal after a few attempts with the Silent Assassin rating. If I can be bothered I'll try and replay on Purist or Expert, but will see.

Finally completed the Rosewood level on Expert. Got spotted once which stopped me from getting the Silent Assasin rating. Couldn't be fucked to play it all over again so that will have to do.

I still find it frustrating how the emphasis on this game seems to be more sneaking past guards rather than blending in and adapting to the environment if that makes sense?

1.8 Civic EX
Not far from the end now, just started on Blackwater Park. Done the first section of the level, accessing the building/lift (suit only, not spotted), yet to do anything else, other challenges or parts to the level.

Evo 5 RS
Completed it.

Another poorly ended game for 2012. Land mines? Seriously? And you don't even get to shoot the Agency traitor yourself! Pants!

Overall enjoyed it though, some bugs here and there with the A.I. Just way too much focus on the story, and not enough decent contracts / targets. Contracts mode is not an acceptable replacement! Blood Money still trumps it.

Fuuuuuuuck.

Makes me even more pissed off that I got Absolution now. Should have just waited for the HD trilogy to come out!

Never played Contracts, but Hitman 2 was a gem. The first level Anathema is one of my favourite levels in any of the games.

1.8 Civic EX
Done! 1000/1000 on the ol' achievments. Quality game to be honest. Will be used to trade in for the new tomb raider now I think.

Completed this last night. Well, compelted the storyline anyway, havne't done all of the challenges.

Really dissapointed. It had so much potential but for me failed miserably.

It's like Luke said previously, reminded me of a Splinter Cell game, with the added bonus of being able to change outfits.

My biggest gripe is that in the majority of the levels you were infiltrating an enemy base, or compound or suchlike, and had to spend most of the time sneaking around, even if you were in disguise.

The best bit about the games of the past is that you were in normal environments, blending in with the public etc.

Don't know if I'll bother playing through it again to do the challenges.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I never bothered finishing it, lol. Really disappointing game.

Be traded in with FC3 for the new Tomb Raider.

1eight2
I got this for PC last night for 6 pounds, direct download! So much better than the console version imo...

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up from Tesco on the weekend for £16. Seems good so far. Cocked up the first mission though, alerted one of the guards by leaving a body in sight. Will go through it again though and try for the disguises too.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Gutted from reading the comments as I loved the previous Hitman game.

1.8 Civic EX
Far too much hate for this game in here. I thought it was awesome! So it didn't play exactly the same as the older ones but it still worked. The levels got better and better as the game went on, graphicaly great, the atmosphere and tension within the levels was spot on thanks to the audio etc and the story line was rather good.

If you play it "properly" i.e, suit only, not getting spotted, using the surroundings for kills etc it's much much better. Just running in like a headless chicken, swapping outfits every 5 mins, shooting everything that moves it makes the game much easier and pretty crap.

As I mentioned before, I think all those that don't like it must be doing something wrong lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Just got round to buying this last night, awesome game so far! At the very start in the gardens I of course got spotted and started a huge gun fight :eek:

​Just killed the king of chinatown, now hiding in a locker! Lol Very tense game, love it.