ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HK Drive + Play

02 Clio 172Mk2
Morning Clio Fans!

Has anyone actually looked at installing one of these in their Clio's?

<http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/default.aspx>

I have a standard headunit in my '02 172, and have an iPod and am looking at ways of controlling it and upgrading my I.C.E at the same time.

The big problem I have with the Alpine and Pioneer solutions is that my perception of the GUI for browsing songs etc on the headunit is all a bit rubbish. In my old car, I had a denison install that I (sorry - I mean my passenger ;) ) just controlled the playlists directly from the iPod via the cradle mounted on the dash. Giving this up to browse songs on an unfamiliar device with small screen and controls like a headunit seems a bit of a retrograde step.

As I've not used HU controllers for an iPod, my perception might be wrong, and that HU controllers are very easy to use - anyone want to comment?

.....anyway, all this has lent me to look at the drive + play as a decent interface for the iPod. Is it? Any thoughts - anyone?

Cheers. Genius.