ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hmm bit strange..?

BG 182
Just got back from my local car meet tonight.. I was offered to have a blast with a peugeot GTI around an industrial state.. couldnt turn this opportunity down as i wanted to beat him..

Anyways for some strange reason i couldnt get round him.. his GTI was completely standard apart from a straight through exhaust with decat, and slightly lowered.. He was by himself and there were 3 of us in my clio.. Is this normal? I know that the GTI's power to weight ratio is insane but i didnt actually realise how nippy they were.. Must admit my tyres need replacing desperately..

Just wondering if anyone else has had any encounters with a GTI and what the outcome was?

Thanks,
Dan =]

Golf
mate had a 106 rallye with a vts engine conversion, couldnt get past him either as there so light

popcorn.gif

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
WHAT PEUGEOT WAS IT, MANNNNNNNNNNNN IM GUNNA GO INSANE!

Sorry, turrets escaped

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
106 gti, light and quick, guy has one at work,sounds like a track car or sumin

106 GTi
Point to point mine does not feel much slower than my old 182, cheap tax and insurance to boot - happy days !

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
you were 3 up. What did you expect? I'd struggle to keep up with a micra with 3 in the car!

1.8 Civic EX
I wouldn't worry to much tbh...

1 - you had an extra few people in your car
2 - the clio is a much nicer car IMO
3 - you shouldn't have really been racing round an industrial state anyway

BG 182

1. true
2. true
3. Everyone has done it at least once in their life.. I dont remember asking people what i can and cant do =D

1.8 Civic EX

1. true
2. true
3. Everyone has done it at least once in their life.. I dont remember asking people what i can and cant do =D

lol fair point...my high horse is just feeling rather comfy today lol :)

Had one behind me other day so had a play with him. Kept up well till the higher rev range, although my cat is blowing for s**t so don't know if thats slowing me down slightly.