ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hmmm, what would you choose

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Tomorrow Im going to be spending the day as an instructor for an Audi Day at the Zwartkops raceway, which basically means spending the day driving around a racetrack, showing potential Audi customers what the cars are like in a decent driving environment...Im only going to be driving an A4 1.8T 140kW, well it was either that or the Allroad, A3 2.0 or A4 2.0

Anyway, Renault SA seem to be next on the list with a day planned for early next year and since Im the Renault nut of the group, Ive been given first choice of which car Id like to pilot round the track.

Obviously, its going to HAVE to be a Renaultsport model, so either the 182, Megane 225 or V6 255.

I am going to pick the V6 255, but just wondered if any of you would have made a different choice

Renault Laguna Coupe

Its nice to get a V6 on a track for a bit of tail-out fun. Not sure what the customers might think about it though!

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Surely theyd WANT you to show them the V6 as its the most expensive? And it looks the meanest too.

Black 182 + Recaros

V6 sounds good, but wouldnt they sell more 182s than V6s. Depends on the type of customers coming I guess.

As a potential customer myself, Id prefer to drive the 182.

v6 defo the megane came last in arecent hot hatch shoot out in autoexpress beated by the bmw 120d which technically isnt a hot hatch lol!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Well the Audi day was fun (except when incompitent people get in the car with you and think they are superman...quite scary that as they just dont listen)

Anyway, the A4 1.8T was fun, but didnt handle. The S4 was really fun, but Id prefer my 172 round a track, and the suprise of the day was the new A3...actually handled quite well, far better than I expected.

Had a good blast going back to the dealership, trying to keep up with a RS6 Avant, S4 cab, A8 3.0TDI, and me in a little A4 trying to keep up.

When the Renault day comes, I think Im definately going to comandere the Clio V6, but Ill definately give the RS Megane and 182 their turns.