ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holiday SLR Fail !!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Had an adventerous week in South France with plenty of places for pics.

However on my last day wanting to get a last few pics off the edge of a nice cliff face lol i slipped and nearly went down with my Canon SLR...

Memory card survived (had daily backups anyway).....altho think its the end of my SLR :(

Got home yesterday to find my Jessops 3yr Photo Plus is valid till Dec!! Off to be repaird 2moro but i think its going to be more of a replacement..

The Pic before it fell lol...

Cliff.JPG

And the SLR how it is now:

Attachments

• DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00034.JPG
    DSC00034.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 99
haha and there was me expecting to see a rant about how it broke down, must have been quite a drop!!!

You'll probably get a shiny new one, maybe the next model up if it isn't in stock... (400D?)

I was worried when I saw the thread title. Even more worried when I saw that cliff.. But then I realised it was a Canon.

Panic over! ;)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
I was worried when I saw the thread title. Even more worried when I saw that cliff.. But then I realised it was a Canon.

Panic over! ;)

:rasp:

Was wearing neck strap when it happened. Had it 2 and a bit years now and its pristine, never sees any dirt or dust. Always carefull lol.

Was just leaning over the edge to get a better angle and whooops, slip grab rock holding onto edge, slip further down the bank as camera is sliding with me, sharp rock cut the small bit of the neck strap and plonk.....watch camera fly down a good few drops onto the road below.

Was either hold rock or camera, i think i made the right choice lol.

Was a spanking 400D, being sent in 2moro, maybe get a 450D or 500D back. Shall see.

Had totally forgotten about Jessops Insurance (Dom & Gen)
If that didnt work i had travel insurance also...

Now i have cuts and bruises as well as a sprained ankle...oh joy lol

Cupra
Outstanding effort! If you are going to do it, do it properly! You should post them up on POTN, they love stuff like that over there. :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
i've often thought about this and knowing how much i love my camera, i'm hoping that in a similar situation i too would choose to save myself first ratehr than reaching for the camera and plunging to my death lol.

i've often thought about this and knowing how much i love my camera, i'm hoping that in a similar situation i too would choose to save myself first ratehr than reaching for the camera and plunging to my death lol.

LOL! I wouldn't have been that close to the edge in first place tbh.

I walked along one of the wave break things the other day, its only a 4ft drop and I still didnt like it :eek: