ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hologram Grey Non Sport.

Titanium 182
Hello guys, i thought i would start a fresh thread about my clio as my last one was being dragged out a little and began to be little by little updates and filled with rubbish.

Some of you may know my car and probably most of you won't as its only a 1.2 but this is how my car first looked when I got it.
IMG_0967_zps1d4f32ba.jpg

IMG_0969_zps45eeecd9.jpg

My first couple of mods were a 3/4 plate and a set of turini's I got for a good deal.
IMG_1158_zpscb362b4e.jpg

I went for the typical Sportex cat-back exhaust, although not long after this led to loads of exhaust hanger problems until I bought a decent mount for it(Powerflex mount)
image_zpsadd20401.jpg

I picked up a set of xenons and some fog lights (they didn't work, just looked better than blanks), a dynamic spoiler and de-wipered the rear.
47602189-7E52-477F-88DA-67994996FF8F_zps7vac5dnw.jpg

56008F1B-196C-4D11-9496-440007A8CC8A_zps3ucsafh2.jpg

Also got hold of a clean reg plate light

Next was to colour code the door strips, wasn't the best job as i hadn't really ever sprayed anything before but I thought I would give it a go.
IMG_2020_zpsec0fa057.jpg

I finally lowered it after a few months on some FK springs, 60/40 drop, this is where i feel like it started to look acceptable and no more tractor stance. Somewhere around this time I got my central locking fixed as the car had a broken fob and I had to unlock and lock the car manually.
IMG_2148_zpsa79fb96f.jpg

IMG_2150_zps669d1156.jpg

Excuse all the stickers on the back window, I thought it looked good at the time.

A guy not far from me was selling some sport interior around the time of my birthday so off I went to Ellesmere port with my money off to buy the interior and it only just fit in the car with everything else, should have stripped it out before I went.
IMG_0041_zpsf2fd30e9.jpg

When it was fitted.
IMG_0047_zpsa19e4fcc.png

I went to my first car cruise in st. helens and this is how the car sat.
IMG_0077_zpsddd7cbcd.jpg

I got a 172 rear bumper around christmas time which had been a good few months back by this point, I finally was able to get it sprayed and I was shocked with the improvement it made to the rear end.
IMG_0135_zpsa8fc8dac.jpg

After getting bored of my Turini's I picked up some Lenso's (typical choice yet again) but I really liked them, I always loved the stance/Low style and wanted to do it so I figured these would be a good start.
IMG_0182_zpseb3d666e.jpg

Looking back now I wish I left my car at this point but after being told by Loz H and a few others on here the car looked too high on the stretched tyres with the FK springs so I sourced out some coilers, TA Technix (once again, typical 1.2 choice) and picked up a cup spoiler. I had also removed the fog lights and went back to the blanks.
E275D8E9-3E8E-4FF0-89F3-0BB30AA8C70B_zpslesfl11a.jpg

8E84EABA-4B6B-4512-B785-A18F85BC4F96_zpsx0ygzpws.jpg

This was how my car sat for a while, I did little bits and bobs here and there but nothing major for a while as I wanted to buy myself a Zetec S, I had also began to hate my lenso's and wanted some new wheels at the same time.

I met up with a few people before the CSS14 event just to get to know some faces as I had never really met anyone off here before and got loz got some pictures of the cars, managed to get this one I liked.
14797835458_3a4b460f34_o_zps2017c532.jpg

A Week later was cliosport 14 event and I made the 3 and a half hour journey down on my tod to meet up with a few people who were going and head down as a group. I had been looked forward to it for ages and was actually a really great day for me, although I hated the drive home, that sucked a lot. I did manage to win best non sport clio at the show although I feel a few people who's cars I knew were better than mine hadn't turned up.
15009647992_75d65eda8c_o_zpsf29798e0.jpg

After CSS I grew to dislike my car and sold the lens's as bought some F1's that needed a refurb but I never got round to actually getting it done, I stuck them on and was just never pleased with it anymore. It wasn't the same car that I had built and became something I lost interest in. After the F1's I swapped them for a set of 182 alloys (I don't know what I was thinking it seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess most people go through the stage of 182 alloys at some point or another). I also sold my cup spoiler as I was supposed to be putting it back to standard for sale of the car.
2A48C85B-0AC5-411E-BBDF-2C463A1EE945_zpsaql4fdzi.jpg

After going back to college this year I realised that saving up for a new car would be difficult and I really started to miss the bounce that the coilovers gave when they were wound down near to the bottom, so i went out and bought myself a set of axe ex8's and I have started to feel like the car looks acceptable again, it was a risky move going with white but I thought it may be different.
3C8AF268-23CC-48C5-87BB-76A455CB714F_zpspq6sjhra.jpg

Not the best photo but I haven't gone out picture whoring recently.

I gave the car a good detailed clean as I began to grow interest in it again and fit camber on the back wheels as the tyres were close to rubbing my arches
F361C1C9-1273-4425-84A1-EB574D0DA04D_zpsgqgitbvg.jpg

Looked back I'm now happy with how the car is but I wish I had stopped ages ago but one thing always leads to another.
I have just bought some custom rear springs so I am waiting for those to arrive and to see how the rear sits which should be a lot better. Im sorry if it is a confusing read but I have tried my best to cram the main bits into the beginning of this thread and missed absolutely loads out.

Clio 182
Looks good mate :) would have been good to keep those turinis ;) we will have to see if its light enough to get soem more pictures on wednesday :)

Titanium 182
I havant really done much with the car with the build up to christmas so just been doing my best to keep it clean and remove salt off the roads from the bodywork as much as i can and keeping these bloody white wheels clean.
28E2F90D-23FE-4AFD-87E4-3E5F0852F2C1_zpst9gnn1mq.jpg

C0AA599F-9EDF-409D-8978-668F4BE3D92B_zpsqwqt1ylv.jpg

F945E21C-6447-4902-804D-82194130D4E0_zpsoodsqyub.jpg

31D9DB4D-CA51-4752-B208-B45F0C7EE4F9_zpszfswg9bc.jpg

C1141575-A6A2-428C-ADAF-F84FB6FB980B_zpsrmfnkxvc.jpg

I have done a few slight things but some of them i have changed again, I tried the single wiper conversion which i thought looked great but after a while the wiper kept going more off the windscreen and more towards the door panel so i decided to put both blades back on and keep it normal, looking out for a new windscreen sticker which i know most people hate but i like them. I resprayed my front diamond and grill in black as the grill was a faded grey. I had also refitted my 3/4 which was on for a week before i decided to go back to my normal size one, may be getting myself a fresh set of pressed plates made. i have re-fitted my yellow fogs which are wired in to how they would work on a normal clio but they don't have a wire in the loom behind the dash or a fuse in the fusebox so it would be either whole new loom i think or the easier option of wiring them up myself which is what i plan to do soon just when i get round to it.

I finally got my custom rear springs for christmas along with my mop boss for the wheel I've had sat in my room for months and actually got some garage equipment, Toolbox, jack and axle stands.

I managed to fit my steering wheel before anyone came round on christmas day and I'm still a bit unsure on it to this day as it is just so close to me, debating on swapping it with someone for a flat wheel.
24DB33E1-071F-4034-A822-2B63AB87323B_zpshcmlfdw5.jpg

How my interior/cabin is starting to look now.
89FDBC33-2292-473C-9782-96B12087BD5F_zpsq5odjzvi.jpg

26CD2C0A-33E5-4AF9-8383-AC0F23116394_zpsmgiyoxoj.jpg

The custom rear springs which I've heard have had a lot of owners in their past, on boxing day i got about to fitting them.
AB284257-E8C7-4AA1-8658-3EA3010D2FB9_zpsdec53hbo.jpg

And these springs are just toooo low, i like them but i don't think i am going to be running them and may just sell them on, i need either more stretch on my tyres or the quarter panel pulling which i can only imagine to be a huge pain, when i lowered the car back down the arch just sat on the tyre and i couldn't move the car, i raise it back up and tried putting more camber on and it sat on the tyre more so off the springs came until i can sort out a fix for them but i may just sell them on as they are not how i expected them to be, i did like how it sat from behind though with the wheels slightly poking out.
08D7C6F7-4075-41AB-9BB4-CF9FA0C2FD5E_zps3nwczpoc.jpg

621092AF-1FF5-412B-9294-121A233F167C_zpsqtrep2ql.jpg

Debating on getting a few things, I don't really want to chuck any more money at it but I'm also not that bothered at the same time, I want to get a new cup spoiler, decat it (not for power gains as i know it won't do any or give little, just for the sound), more stretch on tyres will come when weather improves, always on the look out for a smooth front bumper aswell. Need to fix my thermostat aswel as it is broken so that will be a job getting done soon.

Last edited:
sport rep? :grimacing:, Loving the pic withit sat on the custom springs looks sweet but maybe not so fun to drive haha. I seem to be having the issue of wanting to go lower but not wanting it to be un-drivable.

Can you not just raise the adjusters on the rear whilst still using the custom springs?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Really good read up mate. I really liked it with the 182 wheels on for some reason. Not a fan when you dropped it ridiculously low though. :(

Also, where did your xenon's go?

Titanium 182
sport rep? :grimacing:, Loving the pic withit sat on the custom springs looks sweet but maybe not so fun to drive haha. I seem to be having the issue of wanting to go lower but not wanting it to be un-drivable.

Can you not just raise the adjusters on the rear whilst still using the custom springs?

I wouldn't mind doing a sport rep but then i would have to get everything repsrayed in my colour, although i have considered it a few times. I wouldn't know either mate as i wasn't able to move it with the rear sat on the tyre 😂 and no i tried to see if my adjusters from my coilovers would go in but the pig tail is too tight and fit for the rubber thing on the spring holder bit.

Really good read up mate. I really liked it with the 182 wheels on for some reason. Not a fan when you dropped it ridiculously low though. 😧

Also, where did your xenon's go?

Cheers mate, I'm trying to keep it as big bits at once instead of loads of little bits at a time. i didn't mind them on the 182 wheels just wasn't low enough for me. i think if i took my helper springs out the front it might have sat lower and may have been okay but didn't think of that then.
I was out one day and my light kept going off on me, turns out the ignitor and short circuited or something and melted my bulb and connection so instead of getting a new bulb and ignitor i got some new lamps cheaper and sold them as just lamps no bulbs or anything for cheap (was how i received them) debating on getting more but not sure.

I wouldn't mind doing a sport rep but then i would have to get everything repsrayed in my colour, although i have considered it a few times. I wouldn't know either mate as i wasn't able to move it with the rear sat on the tyre 😂 and no i tried to see if my adjusters from my coilovers would go in but the pig tail is too tight and fit for the rubber thing on the spring holder bit.

I think even with the purchase and respray of the kit, it would make a huge difference and probably see your money back on it when the time comes to sell up. I saw a whole kit on ebay the other day for around £100. Damn thats a shame mate, if they fitted that would have solved everything, maybe just drop all this suspension issue business and get some airbags hahaha :wink:

Titanium 182
I think even with the purchase and respray of the kit, it would make a huge difference and probably see your money back on it when the time comes to sell up. I saw a whole kit on ebay the other day for around £100. Damn thats a shame mate, if they fitted that would have solved everything, maybe just drop all this suspension issue business and get some airbags hahaha :wink:

I don't think I would see money back mate, cars just gone to 113K now and don't think i will find another owner for it when it comes to sell which is a shame really, but £100 for a sports kit ey ;) might have a gander and I can't afford air ride I'd just get a new car if I had that much just lying around

I don't think I would see money back mate, cars just gone to 113K now and don't think i will find another owner for it when it comes to sell which is a shame really, but £100 for a sports kit ey :wink: might have a gander and I can't afford air ride I'd just get a new car if I had that much just lying around
I dunno mate, i think you will be able to sell it when the time comes. The mods are sensible and i think thats what makes the difference. Mines on 100k and know a couple of people who are interested when i sell. Haha i know mate, as much as i would love the idea of changing the height without getting my hands dirty, i dont think i could warrant spending that much money on a car thats worth less than the kit itself, plus i cant afford it :)

Titanium 182
I dunno mate, i think you will be able to sell it when the time comes. The mods are sensible and i think thats what makes the difference. Mines on 100k and know a couple of people who are interested when i sell. Haha i know mate, as much as i would love the idea of changing the height without getting my hands dirty, i dont think i could warrant spending that much money on a car thats worth less than the kit itself, plus i cant afford it :smile:

If I was able to sell it it wouldn't be a lot but I reckon it's worth more now as it is than standard, was a shed then. Id buy a sport on 100k if the price tag was right on it and that ;) will get air ride on a future car when it's worth it ;)

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
looks good. Not sure on the camber but i don't like camber on any car.. it just looks wrong.
Love it sat low with those springs on but if you cant move the car then thats a bit of a problem :D

nice work.

Titanium 182
looks good. Not sure on the camber but i don't like camber on any car.. it just looks wrong.
Love it sat low with those springs on but if you cant move the car then thats a bit of a problem :smiley:

nice work.

Yeah I see what you mean, it's one of them you either like or don't with camber, got to have it otherwise it is going to rubs the arches a lot but it is good for lows ;) but yeah I need to figure something out with those, saw your graffiti wall pictures mate aswell,
Looks sweet your car.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I see what you mean, it's one of them you either like or don't with camber, got to have it otherwise it is going to rubs the arches a lot but it is good for lows :wink: but yeah I need to figure something out with those, saw your graffiti wall pictures mate aswell,
Looks sweet your car.

cheers mate. :up:
still got loads to do myself. should have some spacers for the back coming this week.
hopefully see you at css this year? (well next year)

Titanium 182
cheers mate. :up:
still got loads to do myself. should have some spacers for the back coming this week.
hopefully see you at css this year? (well next year)

I'll keep a look out for your car mate, yeah mate I should be if I still have the clio then, might have a different one by then though, we'll just see as time goes along.

Excellent write-up! Really enjoyed reading that and looking through the photos. It's good to see that you are changing your mind and seeing what you prefer most with the car and going ahead with it. I like the back end and the colour-coded Clio badge looks great. Keep it up :)

Titanium 182
Excellent write-up! Really enjoyed reading that and looking through the photos. It's good to see that you are changing your mind and seeing what you prefer most with the car and going ahead with it. I like the back end and the colour-coded Clio badge looks great. Keep it up :smile:

Cheers mate appreciate the feedback. Starting to run out of ideas I like at the moment so hoping to find something creative with it, I'm sure things will come along and I'll just do it and test it.

Clio 182
Might be worth speaking to a local arch roller mate. Worked wonders on my old BMW. I like the wheels though tbh!

Titanium 182
Great write up mate, loving the car and some nice pictures. How low was it sitting with the 182 alloys on?
Cheers mate, wasn't sitting that low which is what made me get the new wheels, plus I wasn't a huge fan of them, it sat okay but looked like it was on springs, I think if I had taken the helper springs out the front it might have sat lower but the back is still the same

Really good read this. Love how the car has come along.

Looked great on the custom springs but i can imagine the issues they could cause!

Great looking car though!
Cheers mate, I'm not bothered about conditions it would cause just as long as I can get it low it will be fine, I just need loz's roller I think

Might be worth speaking to a local arch roller mate. Worked wonders on my old BMW. I like the wheels though tbh!
How much does it cost do you reckon as I might look into it. Think I'm suppose to be using loz's but he a bit too far away for me to go down and use it.

I chapped the inner lip of my rear arches, that helped a little bit. But an arch roller would probably be the best bet. On the lowness i know the feeling, i look at the rear of mine and think its sitting way too high (on ta technix) might invest in some springs like yours

Titanium 182
I chapped the inner lip of my rear arches, that helped a little bit. But an arch roller would probably be the best bet. On the lowness i know the feeling, i look at the rear of mine and think its sitting way too high (on ta technix) might invest in some springs like yours
When I tried rolling the arch and a bit of the rear bumper I fucked the paint a little as the respray isn't the best and so I just gave up on it, yeah they are pretty poor on lows 70mm lowest I think, suppose to be swapping rears with my mate who has fk highsports so hopefully it will sit pretty then.

When I tried rolling the arch and a bit of the rear bumper I fucked the paint a little as the respray isn't the best and so I just gave up on it, yeah they are pretty poor on lows 70mm lowest I think, suppose to be swapping rears with my mate who has fk highsports so hopefully it will sit pretty then.
Same happened to me. Didn't use enough heat on the arch when i was doing it and the paint flaked off. Yeah i was going to get a new set of fk's and do away with the coilies that are on but its a pricey way of doing it. Might wait and see if lower springs pop up somewhere.

Titanium 182
They're one of them hard to come buy things both of them, just a shame I can't get the adjuster in the custom spring, it's just not warm enough either to do any of that stuff though is it :/ @Wee_Billy_92 forgot to quote the thing

Clio 182
Did you heat the paint?

To the Op, you can also have a dig at the bits out of site with a big hammer if your brave lol

There's mobile companies on ebay who will come out and roll them for you for a decent price

Titanium 182
Did you heat the paint?

To the Op, you can also have a dig at the bits out of site with a big hammer if your brave lol

There's mobile companies on ebay who will come out and roll them for you for a decent price

Yeah mate heated the paint and was able to roll in more but not enough. Debating on getting my mates arch roller to try and flare the panel a little but worried of it cracking the paint, will be heating it but just don't know whether it will be able to stand it

Titanium 182
Nothing much has happened with my car much recently with the weather being crap and I don't think it's worth taking my clio any further, I hit the 115K mark the other day and I don't think I will be continuing much further with it, I have recently been trying to keep it clean and look after it in these weather conditions and the salt all over the road. I sold my custom rear springs (which got lost in the post) as I couldn't be bothered with all the arch work whilst it's cold and left my TA Technix ones on but it just sits too high cheap coilovers ey, just got a few photos of how it's been lately, nothing major,
With the work of Loz H I managed to wire up the fog lights to their own switch and they now work independently, my main reason for installing the fogs was to learn about wiring lamps up through relays and understanding resistance and getting voltage, Loz taught me a lot. I also fixed my thermostat with my car running the correct temperature and fit brand new discs and pads on the front.

After we finished wth the fogs.
275F5D05-6827-42D2-B8E2-68E0EEADD511_zpst5iahnvi.jpg

Just a few spam photos, I ran my mates wheels for a week, had to admit that I really liked them and offered to buy them off him when he has finished with them.

3D070AFA-E267-4B44-BD0A-D9312D631839_zpsnl0jsoxo.jpg

B64E2C46-0C41-4513-BA74-E84AD8CBB998_zpscu1t4ywq.jpg

E8798D89-2053-4132-BDEF-FAA40E5734E2_zpswfxuv01o.jpg

2DAD7A47-2FF6-4B7F-ACE5-A39FAF6415A1_zpsipftkllh.jpg

Looking nice bud. What are your mates wheels? and what size? not interested in making a sport rep any more then, competley forgot to message you about that front bumper, sorry bout that.

Titanium 182
Looking nice bud. What are your mates wheels? and what size? not interested in making a sport rep any more then, competley forgot to message you about that front bumper, sorry bout that.

Not sure what the wheels are buddy, I think they're dares but they don't have caps like most dares do, they're multi fitment wheels, 15's on 165/50 and 185/45 tyres, nah if have to get everything sprayed, and what bumper?

Not sure what the wheels are buddy, I think they're dares but they don't have caps like most dares do, they're multi fitment wheels, 15's on 165/50 and 185/45 tyres, nah if have to get everything sprayed, and what bumper?
ahh fair one mate, suit the clio though i think. And yeah thats true, you have a nice awkward colour haha ;) ahh just from a wanted thread you put for a sport front bumper, told me to message you on fb but forgot :S

Clio Mk2,Mazda3sport
I rember seeing this at css14 and looks good out of curiosity what parts have you changed with the exhaust and what wete the brackets you upgraded thanks
Edit: ive just noticed it said silly me

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
ahh fair one mate, suit the clio though i think. And yeah thats true, you have a nice awkward colour haha :wink: ahh just from a wanted thread you put for a sport front bumper, told me to message you on fb but forgot :confused:

Oh don't worry about that mate, some lad on here had a smoothed one and then didn't let me know for ages and then said he's keeping it, just want a new car now as this is getting on a little

I rember seeing this at css14 and looks good out of curiosity what parts have you changed with the exhaust and what wete the brackets you upgraded thanks
Edit: ive just noticed it said silly me

Cheers bud and yeah cut out the standard mount and stuck a powerflex one in, and because my cut out is a little to the left I stuck it in the top corner and it's held

Clio Mk2,Mazda3sport
I was looking at a similar system yestaday and found one I like basically same jus think just tad mpre oval backpipe bit want it suttle ratherr than the local fart cans van I be checkie and ask for a photo of the new mount seeing how u done it please

Oh don't worry about that mate, some lad on here had a smoothed one and then didn't let me know for ages and then said he's keeping it, just want a new car now as this is getting on a little

Ahh fair enough bud. I secretly cant wait till june to get a new car but know im gonna miss mine. What you thinking? or is it all hush hush

Titanium 182
Ahh fair enough bud. I secretly cant wait till june to get a new car but know im gonna miss mine. What you thinking? or is it all hush hush

That's the problem with this, I know I'll regret getting rid, want a zetec S.