ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home cctv and phone apps? recommendations please!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I have some fairly old looking cameras on my new house (5+ years old).

Am i best to go for a completely new PoE HIKvision DVR and cameras? budget is around £400

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I got my hilook NVR and cameras setup, but i can't get the Hikconnect phone app to work. I've got the NVR connected to my router via the LAN port and the IP is configured in the same IP range as the router with default gateway etc.

When i goto platform access the status is showing as offline. Any advice?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone here run surveillance station on a Synology NAS?

I have just this weekend decided to move all my stuff into the loft to start building out a Cisco lab and it's given me the perfect opportunity to finally install CCTV.

I have a Synology NAS already which is more than up to the job. Plenty of storage etc and can be used with most PoE cameras on the market.

All I need to do is buy the cameras and crack on. Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it?

I suppose if I get the cameras anyway, see how it is I can always then get a DVR after the fact...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I got my hilook NVR and cameras setup, but i can't get the Hikconnect phone app to work. I've got the NVR connected to my router via the LAN port and the IP is configured in the same IP range as the router with default gateway etc.

When i goto platform access the status is showing as offline. Any advice?

Enable dchp, enable it and add verification

As easy as that really

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Enable dchp, enable it and add verification

As easy as that really

Yeah got it working . The only thing not working is viewing when I’m. It at home . Think it needs port forwarding setting up on the router

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah got it working . The only thing not working is viewing when I’m. It at home . Think it needs port forwarding setting up on the router

So it works on data, bit not WiFi? Portforwarding isn't necessary with shitconnect, but is recommended

You could create another account with the local IP of the machine, but it needs a static Lan address for this, that would work locally. Sometimes had to do this when portforwarding with routers that don't allow loopback

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Other way round. Works when i'm at home on wifi, doesn't work when i'm on 4g or at work.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Don't think its flaky, you just need to setup the relevant port forwarding or switch NAT/UPNP on

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Never heard of them Andy. We always use HikVision at work. It's very good.

Looks like you've got older cable with BNC so maybe an older style recorder might suit you better. Quality isnt as good obviously but you can get them with all the modern apps.
As above if you have existing BNC cable Hik turbo or dahua cvi ?
.....or search for hiwatch, basically a cheaper (if that's such a thing) hik. Basically last generation more cost effective solution

Apologies gents, I forgot to thank you for the suggestions. (y) Having had a re-think I have decided to rip the old stuff out (cables and everything) and replace it with a modern setup and a couple more cameras. Cheers :)

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Total newbie and trying to get my head around this all.

I want 4 camera system. 2 covering the front of my house. 1 the drive in general and 2nd the front door.

Then a further 2 camera s covering the garage which is at the end of my garden.

Looking reasonable set up with link to my phone etc...

Any suggestions?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Total newbie and trying to get my head around this all.

I want 4 camera system. 2 covering the front of my house. 1 the drive in general and 2nd the front door.

Then a further 2 camera s covering the garage which is at the end of my garden.

Looking reasonable set up with link to my phone etc...

Any suggestions?

I installed the following a couple of weeks ago
3x Hilook/hik vision POE cameras and NVR.
2TB+ HDD

Remotely view from phone using the hikconnect app.

It took a while to get it all setup but only cost approx £300

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I installed the following a couple of weeks ago
3x Hilook/hik vision POE cameras and NVR.
2TB+ HDD

Remotely view from phone using the hikconnect app.

It took a while to get it all setup but only cost approx £300

Thanks any links to the bits you bought?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Thanks any links to the bits you bought?

purple WD 2TB drive from amazon

You'll need to be able to make ethernet cables for the POE or get someone to do it

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Ive managed to set up mine relatively easily with the Hikvision app. Not sure how to get it to do the alerts though.
Not getting a peek from my phone yet when an alert is triggered.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
What rough price fitted for a three/ camera setup fitted?
Seen hikvision cameras with two lenses are these worth the extra investment?

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
What rough price fitted for a three/ camera setup fitted?
Seen hikvision cameras with two lenses are these worth the extra investment?

Depends. I went for the 8 megapixel camera because I need to identify who walks around my work out of hours. The quality is really good.
Dome cameras are a little less bulky though so can be a neater solution. I had those before and they worked well though bugs get inside so they need some irregular maintenance to keep the cover clean..
If you can operate a basic drill CAT5 cables are a doddle to fit yourself.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Had a quote fully fitted any good?
Think he will drop the VAT for ££
Do I need bigger HD?
He showed me his system on his phone live & last nights highlights, seems motion sensor ie cat walking by.
Will get model number of cams etc but full Hikvision setup fitted including external tubes on outside walls etc

Hi,
For 2 x cameras 6Mp with 30meter IR for night vision and a 4 Channel NVR with 1Tb surveillance hard drive = £645
An additional camera is £184
Alarm bell box with internal led panel and strobe = £90
I’m Vat registered so vat to be added.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
purchased myself a third hiwatch 4mp dome cam today

look forward to getting it setup

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...

purple WD 2TB drive from amazon

You'll need to be able to make ethernet cables for the POE or get someone to do it

Does the NVR allow PC connection for playback? And I guess it networks up for remote viewing?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Does the NVR allow PC connection for playback? And I guess it networks up for remote viewing?

They have VGA & HDMI out I believe.

?? Where do you all keep the NVR, I was told loft or garage is the safe option in case you get broken into.......

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Theses cameras overkill?

6MP DS-2CD2365G1-I Hikvision Darkfighter 4mm 80° 20fps IP Turret Camera

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Has anyone tried these? They seem worth a go for £20

We just bought this one to keep an eye on the dog.. half decent quality, can talk to it etc (which I won’t be doing)

C6552A19-FA84-44E5-8119-17AB94066C1D.jpeg

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I'm going for a similar set up. Seem like decent camera's.

Yes too many systems using old stock when I started asking questions while researching what to get.
The images from the the evening were startling, latest housing & tech helped my decision.
Just deciding on best location of cameras, neighbour has them set high been advised to go low for recognition of faces.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i need some help.

just purchased a new hiwatch dome camera, ive received a hilook dome but anyway.

it says I need to activate it first but cant seem to do that. the chinenglish instruction say type the ip in, but nothing happens when I do that.

I need to change the ip address so it matches my others so I can then connect to my hikvision NVR.

any tips?