ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home Cinema Advice

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All.

I've had my current set up for 4/5 years now. Nothing is broke but its time for an upgrade.

Current Set Up.
IMG_0453.gif

- I'm going to get a new TV which is the Samsung UE55D8000 55"
- I already have a 1TB Sky HD Plus box
- I've now just got a Samsung BD-D6500 Blu-ray 3D Smart hub.

With the above in mind i have NO IDEA about amps and speakers.

I don't have loads of money but with the TV and Blu-ray set up what would be a decent package to buy?

Thanks all.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
denon 1910 amp, decent set of speakers and a decent grade wire. i have wharfedale diamond speakers on mine which are amazingly good, would match your furniture too lol

depends what you want to spend tbh mate, a decent amp is £300 +, decent wires for 5.1 is going to be £100+ etc etc

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Lol at the wire cost.... There is no point spending £5 a meter on speaker wire unless you are using fully high end stuff....

I would look at the denon 1910 or the onkyo 609 then get the q aucoustics 2000 speaker set or the tannoy hts100 set.... Don't buy in to the super high quality hdmi cables under 20 quid is fine same for speaker wire some good but cheap speaker cable look on av forums tell them what you want to spend and they will help you.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
The 1910 has now been replaced by the 1912. which is pretty cheap at richer sounds right now. Ive just got one :)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
So around the £300 mark for a decent amp then? Cheers.

What about speakers. Any examples of what i should get? 5.1? 7.1?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I got the Denon 1912 and some Tannoy SFX 5.1s pretty good vfm from what I've read.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Got the kef kht 1505 to go with mine. not set it all up yet as not moved into the house yet. wiring it all this afternoon :)