ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home Cinema Set Up Issues

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
The in laws have gone and bought a new LG Soundbar and an LG Bluray DVD Player.

They also have a YouView topbox, which all seems to be fine and dandy, running through to the sound bar with no issues at all.

Now we are trying to hook the bluray to the Soundbar, but we only have one HDMi out from the DVD to TV, then there is nothing to allow for the sound to be exported to the Soundbar?

Is there anyway to send the sound from the HDMi cable from the DVD to the TV down to the Soundbar??

Is this issues down to having bought a cheap DVD Bluray player, or can it actually be done? I think the Currys guy has sold them the wrong DVD player, but I could be wrong as I'm not that knowledgable on this nowadays.

I have advised they go back and buy a better DVD player which will allow for optical sound, which can then be hooked up directly to the OPtical 2 input on the Soundbar, but if anyone knows anything else please do tell.

Cheers

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
optical%20cable.gif

i had had to buy one of these to get my tv to send Audio to my blu ray/surround sound. Audio optical cable

I'm not at home ATM but, I think my xbox/Apple TV etc are connected to my tv via hdmi, then I've got the tv connected to the blue ray via hdmi for picture and audio optical cable for audio

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
We did try that and it wasn't doing anything ; (

Would you need to sort out the settings on the TV to get it to send the sound signal to the soundbar, or should it start doing it straight away??

With my old TV I had to use hdmi from bluray to tv then optical from tv to amp (or in your case sound bar).
I had to go in to the TVs settings menu to get it to send sound and turn off the tv speakers.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Optical cable (Scott's pic) should sort it and yes you'd more than likely need to change the audio settings.