ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home Cinema

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
after a decent enough 5.1 surround kit for my telly. i'm a bit of a geek when it comes to matching stuff so needs to be samsung

ideally only needs to be DVD, i have blu ray already, but i want wireless rear speakers, is there anything on the market that can forfill this dream without having to buy a million quids worth of adaptors etc for the rear speakers?

any advice/experience much appreciated.

budget is about 300 max i reckon

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I asked about wireless speakers before and they seriously hamper the quality of sound, the wired ones are very thin so tucking wires away is pretty simple mate.

id give up all in ones are shite really wireless is crap matching components by brand is pointless

id just give up

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Parents looked at the same recently - Samsung HT-C553 + SWA5000?

But I think they want to go Bose in the living room after they got a SoundDock a few weeks ago.

Agreed on Sound quality as said above. My Logitech Z5500 compared to the wireless equivalents sounds noticeably better.

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
okay so its out with the wireless, it was mainly for ease of installation as i'm bone idol!lol!

i'll do a bit more research into separate hdmi enabled amp and speakers

if you get an all in one system you get screwed for connectivity usually only one optical connection etc no extra hdmi inputs

Clio 182ff
Pop into Richer Sounds and see what they have - might get lucky with yer £300. But whatever they have, make sure to look it over in store and get a demo (some are factory quailty rejects).

id say go 2 .0 or 2.1 first then by rears later

i actually found im more than happy with just decent stereo tbh i also rarely turn on my sub as it adds little to the experience with my speakers and just pisses the neighbours off as i only really watch films after 9 pm anyway

this is my front end the sub is in the box on the right

3629164729_88d8181886_b.png

3630005414_c980624102.png

Audi S1
We have a Sony Surround Sound in our front room with the rears being wireless. Think it was around £450.

But we have a Samsung 3DTV, I'll dig out a pic.

thats why i hate glass stands wiring nightmares

mine looks like a bad day in bagdad behind the cabinate but you cant see it :p