ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home made decat. ph1

Iceberg PH1 172
Im in the process of making a home made decat. So far ive hacked the ends off a ph1 twin barrel cat and removed its guts.

Will a scrappy accept it if its not the complete cat? ive literally got half a carrier bag of honeycomb chunks id like to weigh in next week.

Also I was toying with the idea of having some pipe welded thru the cat barrels so its straight thru inside rather than the two empty chambers slowing the exhaust gasses down. Am i right in thinking it will also help with noise at low speed? A bit less boom from he empty chambers? Cant see it making a diff at WOT but thats the point right ;)

Attachments

• xxxxrps20150509_174421.jpg
    xxxxrps20150509_174421.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 41
  • xxxxrps20150509_174341.jpg
    xxxxrps20150509_174341.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 36
  Iceberg PH1 172
Does anyone knows the difference in total length between the single lambda and twin lambda versions of the ph1 cat?

My diy effort is single lambda, my fitted cat is twin lambda. So i need to buy a repair section with a lambda boss and get that welded in to the correct length.

Anyone?