ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home made induction kit put to the test (dyno)

Thought I would put the clio on the dyno today and see if the induction kit made or lost hp so it was first tested with my own induction kit. The car made 187.4hp and 163.4lbft , straight after I refitted the stock airbox with a itg drop in filter car made 184.8hp and 161.8lbft I was very happy to see some gain little as they are is lol (car also has rs tuner map my own decat and piper exhaust)

It made slightly less power below 4500rpm with the induction kit but more power after any ways u can see for you self in the pix (dotted line is with the induction kit)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359825169.986690.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359825223.466955.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=627bpd1LDsc&feature=youtube_gdata

Westfield, 182, 200
Interesting-practical performance car did a test with a V6 capri and put long inlets on, cutting the lengths down and measuring power-makes a big difference.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Surely that's hardly strapped at all?? Or is there something I can't see!

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
That is a risky way to strap it - even if it has a strap at the back, the car could move around when on the rollers - and if they ran it properly (in 4th gear) then you will really know about it if the car comes off the rollers at 100 mph.

I would believe they have been very lucky having no accidents and I wouldn't be running my car like that.

I would imagine you would have lost a few bhp with heat soak - I used to run my black 172 on the same rollers a few times a year, and the 2nd run would usually either stay the same as the first or drop 2/3bhp due to heat soak.

But i bet it sounds a lot better than the standard airbox :)

That is a risky way to strap it - even if it has a strap at the back, the car could move around when on the rollers - and if they ran it properly (in 4th gear) then you will really know about it if the car comes off the rollers at 100 mph.

I would believe they have been very lucky having no accidents and I wouldn't be running my car like that.

I would imagine you would have lost a few bhp with heat soak - I used to run my black 172 on the same rollers a few times a year, and the 2nd run would usually either stay the same as the first or drop 2/3bhp due to heat soak.

But i bet it sounds a lot better than the standard airbox :)
funny almost every car there made more hp on run 2 and I'm sure mine would have too