ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home raid setups

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Is anyone using a cloud backup solution on top, as an extra layer of redundancy? I can only think of my years worth of photos that I'd want to end myself over if it were lost.

Yes. Personally, I use rsync to cloud drives. (take your pick, google drive, sky drive etc).

Duplicati is quite a nice interface to these cloud storage providers, you can backup to multiple ones, encrypt, select which files etc.

Bus w**ker
Cheers, I can use rsync straight from my NAS so I'll look in to which provider can offer me the best deal (well when I get home and figure out just how much storage I'm going to need).

Renault Clio 182
I use Crashplan for all my photos and important files, backup to a friends micro server from my micro server. Crashplan allows you to share your disk space with friends and family to allow them to backup to you and vice versa all for free.

I use Golden Frog's Dumptruck as an additional level of backup for super massively "kill myself if lost" important data.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I use Golden Frog's Dumptruck as an additional level of backup for super massively "kill myself if lost" important data.

I've got a dumptruck account, but I've never used it. I keep meaning to take a look, but I never quite get around to it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Reading this thread, I feel like an unrational desire to create more data. Is it wrong that everything I have that I genuinely believe to be important would fit onto three DVD-R's?

D.

Fiesta ST
Depends if you class the p**n collection as genuinely important data which would take more than three DVD's ;)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Depends if you class the p**n collection as genuinely important data which would take more than three DVD's ;)

I remember running out of space on the laptop last year and I had to make the heart breaking decision to delete some of the p**n collection. When I told the wife that I was having to delete p**n to make space, she was absolutely horrified.

She even started questioning me as to which films I'd deleted, turns out I'd deleted a few of her favourites! lol

We got an external drive shortly after this.

Rav4
I remember running out of space on the laptop last year and I had to make the heart breaking decision to delete some of the p**n collection. When I told the wife that I was having to delete p**n to make space, she was absolutely horrified.

She even started questioning me as to which films I'd deleted, turns out I'd deleted a few of her favourites! lol

We got an external drive shortly after this.

Your wife sounds amazing!!