ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

homehub is s**t, can i use my netgear instead?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
homehub is s**t.

can i use my netgear router also (as my flat mate uses the homehub) by putting the bt settings on it? if so, can anyone tell me how to do this as i am fed up of this dogshit router.

cheers.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Yes! Go into the netgear settings by typing in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.0.1

Router needs to be plugged into computer via an ethernet cable.

Then do the quick start wizard and enter everything it asks for!

DCi
Re: homehub is s**t, can i use my netgear instead?

Seb, what is the problem with your homehub, the internet connection or the wireless range in your home?

did you ISP provide you with a username and password to put in your router? If they didnt then it is likely they hard coded the details in your router and you can't change it (I know sky do this :()

Yes! Go into the netgear settings by typing in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.0.1

Router needs to be plugged into computer via an ethernet cable.

Then do the quick start wizard and enter everything it asks for!
start > run > type 'cmd' > press enter > type 'ipconfig' and press enter' and look at default gateway for the IP that you need

Evo 8 MR
There are two different homehubs afaik, the first being poor and the second being really good, perhaps you have the first?

182FF with cup packs

There are two different homehubs afaik, the first being poor and the second being really good, perhaps you have the first?

The first being poor and riddled with security flaws. :S:S

If ever anyone asks me about a Homehub problem I just tell them to replace it with something decent.

Though at least give them their dues, at least BT are consistent, they're ADSL modems are usually shite. I remember the original speedtouch USB one they used. The one that used to draw over 1 amp from your USB bus (IIRC USB specs call ffor 1amp max across all devices, not 1 amp through one), and would crash many machines.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Homehubs rock, mines fantastic, its an original oldskool version 1, maybe 2 but its a great bit of kit. Good gui too, easy to navigate, good wireles range.

Really can't see any issues with it, you lot much have got dodgy ones and i got a gooden!

If you want to use your netgear though, the bt broadband doesn't have a password from memory, some routers won't accept no password as i found out.

T

thecremeegg

If you want to use your netgear though, the bt broadband doesn't have a password from memory, some routers won't accept no password as i found out.

You can just put anything in the password box, it doesnt matter as its not checked :)