ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda Type R S

Honda seem to be following the clio and bringing out a new Civic according(yeh bad joke i know) to the salesman in the local Honda Garage. The Integra(which is not coming over here) has the same engine as the Type r, however produces 30 more Bhp. Honda actually de-tuned the Civics engine when they designed it, but now they are bringing out the Tyre RS.

A lightened, Civic with 230bhp and a few other mods which include Exhaust, Air filter, chip. mmm....worried? I am. This engine upgrade will be available v.soon to all the Civic owners. Expensive but fast.

And it will still handle like sh*t. Big deal. Theyre missing the fundamental problem at the end of the day, there was nothing wrong with the engine or the pace it provided.

-Rob

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Are you sure hes not feeding you a pile of b****cks??! There is already a Type S, he may just have the letter mixed up you know what salesmen are like!! :D

Seems to be such a big deal when a lot of the guys on here go down to Santa Pod and race there cars on the strip huh Rob? Theyre always posts on here regarding Cup vs CTR and how close it is etc. I dont think it will be so close anymore. And have you driven a suspension modified CTR? The steering may be sh*t, but the handling certainly aint.

Fcuk it. Find out for yourselfs. The Type S is the 160 bhp piece of crap. Looks even more sh*te, the Type R S is going to be 230bhp+ and no messing about. The salesman in Honda knows his stuff, watch this space.

Ha, prefer the Handbag one. It just annoys me when as soon as any post about a Honda is put up on this site, a load of negative and denial comes in return. I bet if any other car was posted on here regarding heavy engine upgrades making much much faster than the Cup, it would be a different story. You lot are too defensive.

Clio 197

The Type R is no slouch. There is one running around the ring which is very fast. A new Vette wont lose it!

It sure would be nice if Renault would give us a few more naturally aspirated horses to play with.

Yep no slouch at all. I have slated the Type R since the MPV lookalike was released. But it seems the little Civic has more good thing going for it than ever.

Renaultsport are bringing out some bits i think. Not too sure thou...they were suppose to bring out a chip for the Cup, but ive asked 3 renault dealers about this and they denign all. Would warrentee issues differ from dealer to dealer? Or as Paul said, those salesman know fall?

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Dust on 27 May 2003

Ha, prefer the Handbag one. It just annoys me when as soon as any post about a Honda is put up on this site, a load of negative and denial comes in return. I bet if any other car was posted on here regarding heavy engine upgrades making much much faster than the Cup, it would be a different story. You lot are too defensive.

What are you on about? If there was a Type RS coming out then thats great. All I was saying is that Salesmen dont normally tell 100% truth and not all of them are car enthusiasts. It was just a coincidence that the topic was the Honda. There was a topic before about people mistaking the Type S form something more than it was. If you think that there is lots of negative comments and denial (which there wasnt anyway) then so what!! People are entitled if you dont like it then ignore it

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 27 May 2003

And it will still handle like sh*t. Big deal. Theyre missing the fundamental problem at the end of the day, there was nothing wrong with the engine or the pace it provided.

-Rob
OK fine, but why bother posting this. The point i was tring to make was If renault of any other Manafacture were to bring out an upgrade, do you think post like the above would occur? No. http://www.lancaster-honda.co.uk/civictypers/http://www.lancaster-honda.co.uk/civictypers/

Im not being negative whenever another car is posted, i hate the CTR i cant help that, it has grip woohoo what modern car doesnt? Ive always posted on the forum how im pretty unimpressed my massive power increases in FWD, unless theres a purpose i dont see the point so excccussssee me! ;)

Anyway that RS is only for that franchise by the looks of things..otherwise ford would sue there asses!

-Rob

Thats what i thought at first, but when i asked the Honda salesman he said Honda are actually releasing a "Civic Cup"(usiing Cup term as lightweight) as it were.

Rob you are excused! ;) + you have a good point about the RS!!? Could be a very strong issue!

Clio 197

Rob wrote:

"Anyway that RS is only for that franchise by the looks of things..otherwise ford would sue there asses!"

Porsche also uses the RS badge...

Ed

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Eddd on 27 May 2003

Rob wrote:

"Anyway that RS is only for that franchise by the looks of things..otherwise ford would sue there asses!"

Porsche also uses the RS badge...

Ed

So do Audi!

Exsactly, why the hell wont they release it in the UK? Honda say they wont be bringing it over. Met a guy who had one in bracknell, Imported it over himself, said it was supurb.

they arent releasing it here as the price would be too similar to the ctr and they feel there isnt space for it in the market/model range

it looks wicked i found a web site that shows everything about the car
colour, etc, also found the company that imports them you can have a race spec one with eveything stripped out and then buy the road package
everything you need to put the beast on the road
i will post the links asap

All very impressive but there must be some decent reasons why this car isnt in the country. Are there any reviews, didnt evo drive one?

-Rob

Its called the Acura in Hong Kong & America - not the Honda Integra - they said they werent gonna bring it to UK because they didnt want a clash with the Civic - ie two similar cars in the same market!