ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horn Stopped Working (MOT in few days)

1.6 16v
Hi, Anyone got any ideas why my horn has stopped working on my 1.6 clio mk2??

Fuse ok because i have checked that!

Help Please

Steve

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
On my mk1 the horn was just behind the front bumper, got to it from underneath, not sure about mk2's.

Monaco 172
mk2s...removed the splash guard on passenger side and its right infront of you. as said..probably a loose wire.

1.6 16v
thanks for the help, do you think it could be a lose wire on the horn then rather than inside the car?

apart from a wire not connected what else do i need to look for?

Steve

www.renparts.co.uk
hardly ever a loose wire on the clio 2s, don't discount that though but the horns go bad on them quite a lot.

Ph2 172
Has it ever worked? as said, check the horn connectors are fitted properly and not corroded. Also if you have a multimeter, check your getting voltage at the horn as you operate it.

1.6 16v
ok, thanks everyone, how do i get to the horn connectors??

yeah its worked, not tryed it this year tho untill today! mot in a few days too!

Steve

Ph2 172
find the horn. On my 172 its down behind the n/s front fog behind bumper. maybe the same on 1.6 but unsure. Best to try pull back the arch lining or remove the bumper and look.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
The wires sheer off in the rotary coupler behind the steering wheel alot too.

Ive come accross this as the main problem on the Mk2

3 cars of varying age. One as new as a 54 plate....

Airbag off and trim, clearly see the wires have broken on the ring.

But dont discount wiring down by the horn behind splashgaurd and/or dodgy horn.

Titanium 182
some wires on the connectors underneath my airbag came off, renault sorted it for me though under warranty.

Edit: Dont know how to remove it :D

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Arch liner is easier enough to whip out, should soon find out what the problem is.

Clio
I had that on my mk2 ph1 just packed the connectors for the horn with tin foil as they were a bit loose, did the job and passed MOT.

1.6 16v
SORTED!

Thanks for all the help, connectors were covered in crap so cleaned them up and job done! Took arch liner out at the front and made easier access!

Steve

Beep Beep lol