ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HORRENDOUS BODYSHOP.....EEK!

Re: HORRENDUS BODYSHOP.....EEK!

This bodyshop isn't in the UK btw !

His opennig line - after hearing the good and bad stories about them, I decided to go there.

There you are, bad stories too, i'd have fooked the dude off all together & gone somewhere with a 100% good reputation.

Serves him right for ruining an already decent car.

Chavs ftl.

Mondeo TDCI 130

That is s**t, if that was mine i wouldn't have a clue what i would do! tool!

Turbos.
TBH, what a tool for expecting to pay $250 for fitting, prep and paint. If it sounds too good to be true...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
lol @ re-hindging the door to fit the sideskirt

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Honestly!

Id have went back and slung the guy about like an empty jacket!

Mother of christ thats bad!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
he paid 750 dollars for it if u read it all so it werent that much of a cheap job just a s**t job done . think i would of burned him alive if he did that to my car.

T

thecremeegg

no s**t..
Yeah what I meant was it's not like any of us are going to use them are we ?

If it was in the UK then fair play, tbh it's just some dumb american who didn't do his research properly.

Bit harsh? Sure maybe he made a mistake trusting the guy but that doesnt mean he's an idiot? Imagine if a bodyshop you went to did that to your vee and we just called you an idiot for making a one off error?

Cut the guy some slack, he's gotta be devastated! $5000 dollars to put right apparently

TBH, what a tool for expecting to pay $250 for fitting, prep and paint. If it sounds too good to be true...
Quote from site

"He then made a new invoice which was now at $730.69. A $480 price hike from the original quote."

ii quinn (1:31:29 PM): I had to use 4040, which is a super strong epoxy, to ensure fitment, quality, without having to mold the sides to the car.
ii quinn (1:32:35 PM): computer died
ii quinn (1:32:41 PM): stupid laptop

rubicant1979 (1:32:45 PM): Oh, so you did that after you test fitted them with the screws?
rubicant1979 (1:32:46 PM): Oh, I see.
ii quinn (1:32:49 PM): yup

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus. WTF is going on with the rivet-gun massacre on the door cill? :eek:

Unbelievable. The only thing in that thread that made me smile was xDIEGOx 's avatar...

D.

Yeah what I meant was it's not like any of us are going to use them are we ?

If it was in the UK then fair play, tbh it's just some dumb american who didn't do his research properly.

Bit harsh? Sure maybe he made a mistake trusting the guy but that doesnt mean he's an idiot? Imagine if a bodyshop you went to did that to your vee and we just called you an idiot for making a one off error?

Cut the guy some slack, he's gotta be devastated! $5000 dollars to put right apparently

He knew that the place had a bad rep as well as a good one though, but he still went there, why on earth would anyone do that ?:S

It is not a one off error as they have done shoddy workmanship before, tbh the bodyshop have f'cked it big time.

If it was me & i'd not have gone to them at all. If I hear a bad word about places i'll not use them - simple as. I'll only use folk who come recommended & can show me their work. If I can't put my trust in them, stuff them they aren't having my business.

He knew that the place had a bad rep as well as a good one though, but he still went there, why on earth would anyone do that ?:S

It is not a one off error as they have done shoddy workmanship before, tbh the bodyshop have f'cked it big time.

If it was me & i'd not have gone to them at all. If I hear a bad word about places i'll not use them - simple as. I'll only use folk who come recommended & can show me their work. If I can't put my trust in them, stuff them they aren't having my business.

There's bad rep and then there's that. That does not even look like its been done by a body shop. Wood/sheet metal strews to hold on side skirts..

J03

MX5 1.8
to me i think hes rushed the job to concentrate on other things... ive looked on his photobucket album and the work seems average really nor brilliant or extremely bad apart from that Z!!! it says somewhere that he also fabricated some body parts when modding his car and it did look pretty good... but what i cant beleive is how can he actually perform such atrociousity to a car like that and even think that its reasonable work!! him out of anyone should know what a c**k of a job it is.. poor car...

yeah it wasnt chav really the car was near enough standard with the usual american modding taste of bling wheels... the didnt look bad or OTT...

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
a) thats a nice kit if fitted properly to a 350z. But suppose nything new to a car is classed chavvy on here.

b) his first quote is what he wanted to pay. $250. IMO, he should have questioned that figure and though, could it really be done for that much?

Laughable quality of work done and also the owners own fault for trusting him..

Golf R
i don't expect to be getting a kit fitted and spraying completed for less than a 4 figure sum... i have no idea of the real cost but the age old saying of it sounding too cheap definitely applies... surely you'd also look the car properly over before paying as well?

the paint runs, woodscrews.... it's all painful to look at :(

ITB'd MK1
JESUS!!!!!!!!! you could take maybe a laquer run or a little orange peel and some filler sink/feathering as it's a cheap job. I dont understand how anyone could do it THAT badly though.

Stagecoach Ticket
i could do a better job with a £20 b n q voucher and some rattle cans in the pouring rain on top on some cliffs.

Thats really bad work. If you cant handle the job do not take it on shame on that body shop!

But its a warning to everyone only use respectable bodyshops with respectable workshops and reputation :(

Maybe it was a s**t kit to begin with though? some ebay rubbish?