ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

horse bummed my rear

Well my ladies uncles horses escaped from their field today, and when one of the workers was guiding one of the horses back to the yard he had the bright idea of trying to calm the horse down ... NEXT TO MY CAR ... which ended up in the horse bucking and having a quick sit down on the rear panle of my car.

Now i have a 15cm diameter soup bowl dent in my metal work, and wanted to know, if i got the dent pushed out would that be enough? because i have heard that when metal work dents then you should really re spray the area aswelll as the paint seperates from the metal in the area of the damage, is this correct?

When i get it fixed i wanna get it done correctly and not have some cheap skate tell me that all i have to do is push the dent out and all will be okay, only to have the paint leaving the metal a few months down the line.

thanks ;)

Last edited:
  Clio RS 182
Well my ladies uncles horses escaped from their field today, and when one of the workers was guiding one of the horses back to the yard he had the bright idea of trying to calm the horse down ... NEXT TO MY CAR ... which ended up in the horse bucking and having a quick sit down on the rear panle of my car.

Now i have a 15cm diameter soup bowl dent in my mental work, and wanted to know, if i got the dent pushed out would that be enough? because i have heard that when metal work dents then you should really re spray the area aswelll as the paint seperates from the metal in the area of the damage, is this correct?

When i get it fixed i wanna get it done correctly and not have some cheap skate tell me that all i have to do is push the dent out and all will be okay, only to have the paint leaving the metal a few months down the line.

thanks ;)

^^ you could call it that

Clio RS 182
Your thread title isn't exactly going to attract people who like to give advice regarding a car dent is it?

Its bound to attract people who thought they would end up having a giggle at a picture of you stood like john wayne

Your thread title isn't exactly going to attract people who like to give advice regarding a car dent is it?

Its bound to attract people who thought they would end up having a giggle at a picture of you stood like john wayne

Only time will tell, but for now lets give the OT a rest aight.

Clio RS 182
Ok ok i'll do my best to help :)

Grab a hairdryer and heat the dented area up (30seconds)

Then grab yourself one of these...
Tech_Cleaning_Dust_Off_Compressed_Gas_Duster_2_Pack.jpg

...Turn it upside down and spray it onto the dented area.

No.2 on the following link...

http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-dents-quickly-and-cheaply

May help remove the dent! :coffee:

Thanks for the input however the problem isnt as much in removing the dent as it is in me not being sure wether it needs a respray in that area or not? Im not quite clued up when it comes to panel beating and the likes hence my question and concern.

Does the outcome of the dent removal determine wether a re spray is needed? or is it a rule of thumb that it should be resprayed? these are leaning more towards the direction of my concerns.

Goliath I
Stop horsing around

This post claims no help to thread whatsoever... I expected a a horse bumming with pics tbh