ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hose Reel Recommendations

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Got a new pressure washer and need to fit a hose pipe and reel. There is a water supply in my garage was was going to spur off that for a garden tap. But to keep it all neat and tidy want to have the hose on a reel so it is stored properly and out the way. The one i have seen is this Hozelock one, but need to go and look at one to make sure it is the right dimensions. Can't be more than 30cm deep otherwise I wont be able to get the car out the garage. Also 40m might be a bit overkill, I reckon about 20m max, enough so I can pull my car out the parking space so I am not jet washing it next to the neighbour's cars as if they did it to me I would be annoyed.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of them have the same size housing regardless of the hose they actually put in so a shorted hose might not actually gain much space wise.

Just make sure you get one that screws direct to the wall and doesn't use a clip on bracket as they just unclip when reeling the hose in.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Can't swing out like that as it will hit the car (large car in a modern single garage). Its like a floor one that can be mounted to the wall.
Was looking at like this mount and then getting a separate hose to go on it, but I like the tidiness off an all in one thing.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Also get the brass fittings for them, much better than the plastic one supplied.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm using a verve one and its genuinely ace. It never kinks and is much cheaper than the hozelock alternatives.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I had a hozelock wall mounted one and it leaked. A lot. I'd just get a reel and stash it at the back of the garage out of the way.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0036147L8/?tag=cliospnet01-21
I would do this but its the lack of space in my garage which is the issue and wanting to have it stowed on the wall out the way. However if I can get a small one I could hang it on the wall for storage. Probably need to go to B&Q or similar and see what there is.

@Darren61 how wide is that 25m hose reel? As already been said it might be the same casing as the longer ones. Might also give an indication on how wide the non-swivel one is.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I would do this but its the lack of space in my garage which is the issue and wanting to have it stowed on the wall out the way. However if I can get a small one I could hang it on the wall for storage. Probably need to go to B&Q or similar and see what there is.

@Darren61 how wide is that 25m hose reel? As already been said it might be the same casing as the longer ones. Might also give an indication on how wide the non-swivel one is.
Can you not mount it higher on the wall so it’s out of the way?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'm using a verve one and its genuinely ace. It never kinks and is much cheaper than the hozelock alternatives.
I have a verve one the previous owners of my house left. Its a 30m one I think and I've not had any issues with it, the handle is decent too. The Hozelock one at work is w**k, it kinks up at the slightest movement and the handle snapped off after one of the shaved monkeys I work with used it

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Not heard of verve ones, I’ll take a look I just want a good quality hose as my parents one is cheap and not good but my brother has a hozelock one and the different in quality is amazing.
Can you not mount it higher on the wall so it’s out of the way?
I would but I have my bike hung on the wall where it would be placed, want it under it. Having these problems is making me want to swap my E34 for something smaller like a Fiesta XR2 (this is genuinely going through my mind for other reasons) so I could have a car kept in the garage plus space for other things!